Software Scout jobs 9/24/19, Fall hiring season, software developer positions

Eric R. Derby

Sep 24, 2019, 1:38:31 PM9/24/19
to Eric R. Derby

The fall hiring season is here.  This is generally the second best time of the year for direct hire positions (spring being the best).

You can see a summary of these on my web site: http://www.softwarescout.com/CurrentJobOpenings

I have re-started my candidate referral program if you want to help friends and earn a little extra.

I provide free workshops and presentations to job search groups.  Let me know if you have a group that would be interested.

Feel free to forward this message to fronds or anemones.

Contact me directly: Staf...@softwarescout.com

--
Peace and Health,
Eric R. Derby, SPHR, BSCS

The Software Scout Inc.
Talent Acquisition Consulting
www.SoftwareScout.com
Office: 585-249-0248, Cell: 315-719-1897, Skype: 585-633-7530
Connect with me on linkedin http://www.linkedin.com/in/softwarescout
Sign up for the Scout eLetter at http://eepurl.com/o94QD

Eric R. Derby

Jan 13, 2020, 1:47:13 PM1/13/20
to Eric R. Derby

New year hiring is here. Things are a little better than last year. New positions will likely ramp up over the next few month unless the economy starts to fail.  Most hiring seems to be coming from smaller companies (locally).

Current positions follow.  Sorry no links for a few of them yet.

  • Embedded Hardware Architect. Direct position. Startup working on the next generation of medical devices. http://www.softwarescout.com/caffeine #engineer.
  • Mechanical Engineer. Direct position. Startup working on the next generation of medical devices.
  • Software Engineer. Direct position Rochester area. Growing company with a great culture. http://www.softwarescout.com/JrSWE.
  • FPGA programmer. Direct position with a growing consulting company in Rochester. Cool benefits.
  • Application Developer. Direct position Rochester. Small company, augmented reality device. C#, Android development. http://www.softwarescout.com/AppDev.
  • Integration Engineer. Custom software development for clients of a medical software company. Direct position Rochester. Java, iOS, Android. http://www.softwarescout.com/IntEngrJava.
  • Zombie hunters wanted.  Skilled with any of React Python DevOps.  Great small and growing company. Direct positions, up to 50% telecommute http://www.softwarescout.com/ZombieHunter.

You can see a details of these on my web site: http://www.softwarescout.com/CurrentJobOpenings

Eric R. Derby

Jun 1, 2020, 2:40:36 PM6/1/20
to Eric R. Derby
Hello all!

Yes, hiring slowed quite a bit in the past few months. The list of jobs
I was working for my clients went to zero in the course of about two
weeks. My clients put their jobs on hold while they transitioned to
working from home. All of my clients made that transition successfully,
and many are analyzing hiring needs now.

I have one position presently, I expect to be getting more over the next
few months, with the hope of being back to a normal work load by the end
of summer.

#SoftwareEngineer. Direct position #Rochester area. C#, Data Modeling.
Growing company with a great culture. https://softwarescout.com/DotNetDev

Let me know if you have any questions. Feel free to pass this on to
fronds and anemones.

Eric R. Derby

Nov 3, 2020, 2:28:21 PM11/3/20
to Eric R. Derby

Some good news, after 6 months of very little work due to Covid-19, work is ramping up quickly.

Current positions:

Senior Wireless Software Engineer https://softwarescout.com/EmbWirSWE, Direct position. Currently 100% remote with the expectation of 50% remote next year. Medical Device company.

Senior Java Developer https://softwarescout.com/IntEngrJava. Direct position. 100% remote. Medical software company in Rochester.

Software Engineer/Data Modeler. https://softwarescout.com/DotNetDev, direct position, 100% remote. The company builds test data sets.

Jobs to arrive soon: Embedded Software Engineer (2), System Architect (machine learning), Embedded Software Engineer (Linux Kernel), Embedded software/FPGA Engineer, Test Engineer (HW side), Engineering Manager, Mechanical Engineer. All direct positions in Rochester NY. Direct positions in Rome NY, requiring TS Clearance: Linux Administrator, IT Lead. For general information see: https://softwarescout.com/CurrentJobOpenings

Let me know if you have any questions. Feel free to pass this on to fronds and anemones.
--
Peace and Health,
Eric R. Derby, SPHR, BSCS

The Software Scout Inc.
Talent Acquisition Consulting
Office: 585-249-0248, Skype: 585-633-7530