Future of AppRochester

Todd Bernhard

Mar 27, 2020, 2:36:01 PM3/27/20
to App Rochester, Todd Bernhard, Steve Maier
Greetings AppRochesterians,

I hope you and your families are doing well in this challenging time.

I wish I could say we were prescient when we cancelled AppRochester meetings in February and March but really it’s been difficult to maintain the pace of monthly meetings over the past ten years.

When things return to normal, we may still have regular meetings, likely quarterly, following major events/topics such as the Consumer Electronics Show (January), Apple’s Worldwide Developer Conference (June), Apple’s iPhone product launch (typically September) and more events/announcements from Google and Microsoft.

Additionally, we expect to embrace virtual conferencing technology, as many of us have already done for work. We will continue to promote local events like Hackathons and TechRochester’s Festivus, etc., that would be of interest to our members. And you can continue to use this email group to ask questions and share knowledge. If you have a topic you would like to see or better yet, present, especially via web conference, let us know.

Thank you for a decade of participation and let’s see what develops in the next decade!

—Todd Bernhard and Steve Maier

Todd Bernhard, Director, Product Marketing
AWS Solutions Architect Associate
AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner
Microsoft Certified: Azure Fundamentals
Google Cloud Certified: G-Suite, Associate Engineer