hackathon, meeting, and jobs

1 view

Todd Bernhard

Jan 21, 2020, 9:03:22 AM1/21/20
to App Rochester
See below re Hack Upstate hackathon in Syracuse in April…

And be sure to RSVP for Feb 4th’s AppRochester CES Trip Report / Show & Tell / Giveaway

Lastly, CloudCheckr is hiring. We were in the news for planning to grow from 200 currently to 400 in the near term. Here are current openings.

https://cloudcheckr.com/careers/ (link at the bottom of the page)

—todd

Todd Bernhard
Product Marketing Director
AWS Certified, Solutions Architect - Associate
AWS Certified, Cloud Practitioner
Microsoft Certified: Azure Fundamentals
Google Cloud Certified: Associate Cloud Engineer
Google Cloud Certified: G-Suite
CloudCheckr
T585.230.7117Wcloudcheckr.comTwitterLinkedIn

Begin forwarded message:

From: "Jesse @ Hack Upstate" <je...@hackupstate.com>
Subject: Sign Up For Hack Upstate XV on April 4-5, 2020 at The Tech Garden
Date: January 21, 2020 at 8:58:00 AM EST

It’s that time of year again! Hack Upstate XV is right around the corner (April 4-5, 2020) and we can’t wait to see what you’ll build! Are you sick of getting these emails? Unsubscribe

Image

WHO — The Upstate New York Technology Community. This is the 15th installment in a series of weekend hackathons that happen twice a year (i.e., fall and spring) in which engineers, developers, designers and innovators from across Upstate New York come to Syracuse, NY, share ideas, form teams and build incredible projects. Oh btw, it’s FREE!

Click here to learn more and sign up for Hack Upstate XV!

THEME — Open hackathon. Build whatever you want using whatever tools you want.

Here are some projects from past events: Hack Upstate XIVHack Upstate XIIIHack Upstate XIIHack Upstate XIHack Upstate XHack Upstate IXHack Upstate VIIIHack Upstate VII

RULES — No code can be written until after the opening ceremony on Saturday. All hackers abide by the Hack Upstate Code of Conduct. Please read it here.

WHERE — The Technology Garden, 235 Harrison Street, Syracuse, NY 13202

Note: Teams are allowed to participate virtually, however, they will not be able to demo, and thus, will not be eligible to win prizes.

WHEN — April 4-5, 2020

SATURDAY, April 4, 2020

  • 11am: Doors open
  • 12pm: Idea pitching and team formation
  • 12:30pm: Commence hacking
  • 2pm: Lunch
  • 7pm: Dinner

SUNDAY, April 5, 2020

  • 9:00am: Breakfast and coffee
  • 11:59am: Cease hacking
  • 12pm: Demo intro / welcome judges
  • 12:30pm: Demos, pitches, and presentations
  • 1:30pm: Awards

JUDGING CRITERIA

  • Creativity / Novelty (20%)
  • Wow Factor (20%)
  • Execution (20%)
  • Informative Demo (20%)
  • Multidisciplinary Product (20%)

PROJECT SUBMISSIONS — We will be using DevPost for project submissions and judging.

SLACK — Chat with hackers before, during, and after the event. Join now!

SWAG — We’ll have free t-shirts and stickers for you!

FOOD — We’ll be feeding you lunch and dinner on Saturday, and a light breakfast on Sunday.

PARKING — We recommend parking at the Harrison/Warren Street Parking Garage ($5 daily or $15 overnight), or the Hotel Syracuse Parking Garage ($5 per day, $10 overnight).

VOLUNTEERS / MENTORS — If you’re interested in helping out during the event, please sign up here.

SPONSORING HACK UPSTATE — Help Advance Upstate’s Tech Community Sponsorship from organizations like yours allow us to offer Hack Upstate to the public for free. Given how instrumental sponsors are to Hack Upstate, we’ll do everything we can to promote your involvement (i.e., content marketing, email outreach, social media, etc). Interested in learning more?

Hack Upstate’s mission is to unite and facilitate collaboration among the greater Upstate New York technology community. In doing so, we aim to contribute to the growth of Upstate New York’s technology sector, and to create a robust network of technologists and regional technology companies. Click here to learn more.

All hackers abide by the Hack Upstate Code of Conduct to maintain an open, friendly and inclusive community, in which Upstate New York’s tech community can adeptly connect, communicate and collaborate. Please read it here.

Want to receive monthly update from Hack Upstate and Careers in Code? You can sign up for our monthly newsletter.

Find us on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Instagram.

Our postal address: The Technology Garden, 235 Harrison St., Syracuse, NY 13202.