spam: applied microbiology (read: the unofficial beer) sig

1 view

Alejandro Borquez

Aug 2, 2011, 9:40:20 PM8/2/11
to med...@ucdavis.edu, applied-mi...@googlegroups.com

1st years:

Has an ironically-moustachioed hipster d-bag beer snob ever ridden off on his fixie bike, laughing maniacally at your knowledge (or lack thereof) about beer?

Have you ever been faced with encyclopedic tap list at a bar, only to freeze at the last moment and go with your old, tired stand by?

Have you ever needed an extra hand on brewing days, only to make a fool of yourself as you try to bottle a case of beer alone?

We're here to help.

The (unofficial) applied microbiology sig was created last year to learn about the great craft beer scene in Northern California by visiting local breweries, learn how to make to make beer, and most importantly to share great local brews with our classmates.

Even if you don't know the difference between an ale and a lager, we'll be more than glad to teach you what we know. If you're a beer person but would love to learn more, we're always on the lookout for the latest and greatest in the Northern California beer scene. And If you brew, we can always learn something new from you.

Email us back if you'd like to join our listserv. You won't find us at the student interest group fair tomorrow afternoon, after all.

- Bryce, Alejandro and the rest of the beer sig