AppliCad v5.9 Approaches

Ray Smith

Apr 11, 2012, 10:29:00 PM4/11/12
to AppliCad User Group
We figured a note announcing the pending release of the new version
V5.9 would get some excitement going among our User Group. As
expected, the v5.8 had a few wrinkles that came about due to the
enormity of a complete re-write of the underlying code. This was done
to provide a more robust development environment, improve stability
and increase speed for users. All these things we achieved and it has
proven to be the right thing to have done. For most operators hardly
anything changed, which is sad for AppliCad after spending three years
re-writing almost every line of code. Well, the job is done now and
it is working well. As regards v5.9, start looking in your mail box
in about two weeks. We will be distributing v5.9 on CD as we usually
do as it does contain so many fixes and several very useful
enhancements and this will ensure that you install all the right stuff
at your convenience. The CD will go to all customers with current and
paid up support contracts.