AppliCad on Windows 7

Ray Smith

Feb 2, 2010, 1:10:00 AM2/2/10
to AppliCad User Group
Hi Guys,

As it does seem that Microsoft has finally got it right, more and more
people are purchasing new PC's with Windows 7 as the operating
system. If this is one of you or one of your colleagues, please visit
our web site and get the good oil on installing and running AppliCad
on Windows 7. It is necessary for you to set up your User folder in a
place that you can find. For security reasons, Windows 7 does not
allow us to run it where we have typically set it up (and where it has
been for the last 20 years!) and wihtout telling you, sets it to a
place that is difficult to find. It is much better that you set the
rules, so you can better manage your files.

Check the settings as recommended and all is good. go to
www.applicad.com.au\support.html and select the Tutorials page.

Ray

john cooper

Feb 2, 2010, 4:08:55 AM2/2/10
to applicad-...@googlegroups.com
Ray,

I have just spent an hour with Ged and we went through all this and
registered him ok but when we went back in it was back to 5 days (he is
administrator)

Any thoughts?

john

Hi Guys,

Ray

Ray Smith

Feb 2, 2010, 7:41:23 PM2/2/10
to AppliCad User Group
Yes indeed.

To register our software (as distinct from setting up User folder
paths) you must start the software as an Administrator. You might
think that you're administartor but you will not be (according to the
'out of the box' setup of Windows 7). If you don't do this the
registration codes are reset to 5 days only. To run as Administrator
(and know you are) right click on the AppliCad icon on the desktop,
then select "Run as admoinistrator" from the options. Then select
'Try to register' and submit the numbers to AppliCad so you can get a
valid registration code from us. These will then be valid codes for a
full unlock.

Ray