iPhone App

graeme

Sep 30, 2009, 9:53:24 AM9/30/09
to AppliCad User Group
C'mon guys since the old PocketRoof's become yesterdays news, what
about an iPhone App for entering measurements directly onto your
iPhone (or similar) on-site and sending them back to your computer
ready to input directly into Applicad so it's all sitting there
waiting when you return to your office?

Ray Smith

Sep 30, 2009, 2:03:52 PM9/30/09
to AppliCad User Group
If we made the PocketROOF app work on iPhone, how many would you buy?

LincGROUP

Sep 30, 2009, 5:41:15 PM9/30/09
to AppliCad User Group
Our office all use blackberrys, but would certainly be interested in
persuing.... it would be great to be able to download a simplified
copy of the model (that has already been drawn by the estimators in
the office), then able to confirm / input the sizes (girths) of the
custom flashings, and confirm the roof sheet lengths. Then able to
send that info back (right then) to the estimators who can plug that
back into the system and print out the orders. The important part for
us is that it needs to be extreemly simple to enter in the info into
the blackberry / iPhone as the guys are normally hanging on by their
fingernails while they measure up.

Currently the guys go to site, draw up the job again and measure all
the info, get home at the end of the day and fax it through... this
means we loose a day at least.

We'd take 3 straight up, possibly more, but would love to talk about
it more.
> > waiting when you return to your office?- Hide quoted text -

graemacuser

Oct 2, 2009, 3:44:24 PM10/2/09
to AppliCad User Group
iPhone or PocketROOF?
We only need one of each, but a great app would surely help to sell
the software, right?