Metal Sales Partners with AppliCad for Metal Building Solutions

Ray Smith

Feb 8, 2011, 2:04:58 AM2/8/11
to AppliCad User Group
Estimating Software Streamlines Projects from Start to Finish

LOUISVILLE, KY… Metal Sales Manufacturing Corporation, the premier
nationwide provider of metal panels for the building and construction
industry, has officially partnered with AppliCad, a technical software
applications development and marketing company based in Melbourne,
Australia. The partnership will allow Metal Sales to marry their high-
profile product with AppliCad’s world-class software, which provides
industry-specific functionality to improve the accuracy and
productivity of metal roofing, tile and wall cladding projects.

AppliCad runs simulations of metal building applications in 3D CAD
models, and provides quotations based on those simulations. Each
model is built from an architect’s design, with 70-80% of projects for
re-roofing. AppliCad is an international leader for management of the
quoting process.

AppliCad has been exporting their software around the world for over
16 years, with the U.S. being one of their first markets. However,
Metal Sales’ sheer size and presence provides AppliCad with greater
opportunities than ever in America. At the same time, Metal Sales can
draw on the unparalleled experience that AppliCad brings to the metal
building sector, ultimately providing a premier service at all levels
to architects and building construction professionals.

“Working with Metal Sales brings great opportunity to our
organization,” says Ray Smith, Managing Director of AppliCad. “Their
status as a high-profile player in the metal industry and as a
provider of some of the most elegant solutions for the metal roofing
sector will help us to consolidate our position in the American
marketplace.”

The partnership brings the unique potential for total integration of
AppliCad into Metal Sales business systems. AppliCad invented the
process of modeling roof geometry in 3D and simulating the application
of roof material. This will vastly improve the accuracy and
productivity of the estimating team, reduce material waste and create
total integration with Metal Sales’ production processes.

“We’ve always been easy to work with, and we pride ourselves on
offering the very best customer service in the industry,” says Steve
Letnich, Vice President of Sales and Marketing for Metal Sales. “Our
partnership with AppliCad just furthers this fact. It makes us even
stronger in delivering our product efficiently and effectively to
architects. This enterprise-wide implementation is about perfecting
our processes so that our clients receive the very best service and
value possible.”

With the increasing popularity and virtually limitless applications of
metal roofing, Metal Sales and AppliCad are looking forward to a
bright future together; combining their talents and experience to
offer the most comprehensive metal building services available.

“Our partnership with Metal Sales has already been very valuable for
our business,” says Ray Smith. “They have helped us leverage our
product, which is unique to their industry, and our credibility in the
sector continues to strengthen.”

Headquartered in Louisville, KY, and operating 20 facilities
throughout the U.S., Metal Sales Manufacturing Corporation produces
roof, wall and fascia metal panels for architectural, commercial,
industrial, agricultural and residential building projects. Metal
Sales has outreach around the world, delivering outstanding quality
and the finest customer service from highly-trained professionals and
the largest sales force in the industry. For more information, visit
www.metalsales.us.com.