Help Us Give Better Help to You

Ray Smith

May 16, 2012, 12:12:21 AM5/16/12
to AppliCad User Group
A couple of tips to getting better help from our support team:
1. Send an email
If you ask your questions or raise issues via email, the support team
responds in an email. This gives you the answer in writing so that
you know exactly what to do and in a step by step list. Ask the same
question via the phone, by the time you hang up and get back to the
problem, you may have forgotten what to do. Get it in writing and get
it right.
2. Attach examples
When explaining a problem, waving your hands around like a salesman
doesn't help the support technician see what you're doing, unless you
have a video conference going on. It is almost impossible to know
what you're describing, especially in relation to roof geometry. Send
an email and attach a copy or scan of the roof plan. Then the support
team tells you how to fix the real problem, not the one they thought
you had described - that is why email works better.
3. Clip screen shots and paste into the email.
Windows 7 has a very cool tool for capturing areas of your screen. If
the problem is difficult to explain, maybe get it on screen, then go
to Windows > Programs > Accessories and use Snipping Tool (you can
also download some free apps from the web to do the same thing). Clip
the part of the screen that shows your issue, and then paste it into
your email. What do they say - "A picture is worth a 1000 words." I
can assure you that in this case it can save more than words.
4. Check for an existing solution
AppliCad has written many tutorials and also made lots of video clips
that are available on the AppliCad web site and also on YouTube.
Check to see if your problem roof plan has not already been
explained. If it hasn't email the plan and if it is a bit different,
we will make a video clip of your job and post it for others to learn
from.

If we do not understand your question, we will call you and always in
the same 24 hour period.

I trust that this helps.

on behalf of
the AppliCad Support Team

Wayne Murdock

May 31, 2012, 9:25:55 AM5/31/12
to applicad-...@googlegroups.com
Ray,
What is the cost to upgrade to the new version. I am not sure which version I have.
It was bought under Wayne Murdock @ affordable roofing & repair Hawaii.

Thanks

Wayne

Wayne D. Murdock
Estimator / PM
Cell (702) 292-3781
Fax (702) 224-2188

Ray Smith

May 31, 2012, 4:18:40 PM5/31/12
to AppliCad User Group
Hi Wayne,

Good to hear from you. May I suggest that you call the support office
at HQ in a couple of hours on the toll free number - 1877 830 3158.
Ask for Peter and he will find out what version you had and what the
upgrade cost will be.

Ray