Re: [AppleVan] Digest for applevan@googlegroups.com - 3 Messages in 2 Topics

1 view

PacNWGal

Nov 11, 2011, 6:56:25 PM11/11/11
to appl...@googlegroups.com
Sat -- Nov 19th

If we don't have enough people RSVP to this, I'll postpone it.  Time to pony-up folks!  Those who have been shepherding this group for a long time, will not attend.  That is totally understandable, but for an organization to thrive and be worthwhile, people need to participate as regularly as circumstances permit.  And it certainly doesn't have to be the same people every time, all the time :-)

The beauty of Meetup is that folks can participate from home by using the Discussion Boards, as well as, coming to meetings.  People who want to have coffee and a Mac-Chat spontaneously can post that on the site, too.  Then you're enjoying other Mac Users in a coffee shop with WiFi or while you walk the dog together.

That's what we'll cover in our Meetup on the 19th.  I will actually change the location to a coffee shop downtown, so those who want to bring their own laptops/iPads can use WiFi and I'll teach you hands-on.

HappyDay,
:-)  Sunny

On Nov 11, 2011, at 6:17 AM, appl...@googlegroups.com wrote:

Group: http://groups.google.com/group/applevan/topics

    "Tom D." <tda...@gmail.com> Nov 10 04:38PM -0800

    Is the first meeting THIS saturday Nov. 11th or NEXT saturday Nov 19th? tom d.

    Glenna Rose <glen...@gmail.com> Nov 10 05:03PM -0800

    Says, Saturday, Nov. 19th.

    --
    ---<-@ Glenna Rose @->---

    I cannot change the world, but I can make my little corner better.

    Rory Bowman <Mac...@macrory.com> Nov 10 09:44AM -0800

    Just a reminder that the first AppleVan MeetUp is this Saturday at 11am as per http://www.meetup.com/AppleVan/events/39705902/

    Because AppleVan is a public group, sign up at MeetUp.com to get the exact location. I won't be there, but hope you all have fun. MeetUp is a great service and this is a terrific and exciting way to mix things up!

    Saturday, November 19, 2011, 11:00 AM

    SELECTED BY: SUNNY LEGRAND
    This location is shown only to members
    Let's get acquainted with the Meetup Site and options.

    AppleVAN hasn't been meeting during the Nov-Dec months due to holiday conflicts, but let's get together and have a "Winter Social" and I'll do a presentation about Meetup and how to navigate the site.

    I hope you will find this new format easy and encouraging of new participation and options to make your Mac-Life better :-)

    Just so you know ... we will have meetings monthly -- and maybe more -- and not necessarily on Wed nights. Some meetings will be during the day and weekends. We will also rotate locations, so if anyone has a suggestion or a space they can offer, please contact me ASAP. I can offer my clubhouse for many meetings, but there is no WiFi.

    How about a coffee/hot chocolate & nibbles to encourage our socializing??? We have a full kitchen, so I can put the coffee & hot water on! Please bring a small something to nibble and share. I'll provide the coffee & tea.

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Group applevan.
You can post via email.
To unsubscribe from this group, send an empty message.
For more options, visit this group.

Sharri

Nov 11, 2011, 8:21:09 PM11/11/11
to AppleVan
I will try very hard to make the meeting on the 19th -- however, I am
absolutely swamped with work right now. I may have to stay here with
my nose superglued to the grindstone.
Sharri

On Nov 11, 3:56 pm, PacNWGal <legrandconnecti...@me.com> wrote:
> Sat -- Nov 19thhttp://www.meetup.com/AppleVan/
>
> If we don't have enough people RSVP to this, I'll postpone it.  Time to pony-up folks!  Those who have been shepherding this group for a long time, will not attend.  That is totally understandable, but for an organization to thrive and be worthwhile, people need to participate as regularly as circumstances permit.  And it certainly doesn't have to be the same people every time, all the time :-)
>
> The beauty of Meetup is that folks can participate from home by using the Discussion Boards, as well as, coming to meetings.  People who want to have coffee and a Mac-Chat spontaneously can post that on the site, too.  Then you're enjoying other Mac Users in a coffee shop with WiFi or while you walk the dog together.
>
> That's what we'll cover in our Meetup on the 19th.  I will actually change the location to a coffee shop downtown, so those who want to bring their own laptops/iPads can use WiFi and I'll teach you hands-on.
>
> HappyDay,
> :-)  Sunny
>
> On Nov 11, 2011, at 6:17 AM, appl...@googlegroups.com wrote:
>
> >   Today's Topic Summary
> > Group:http://groups.google.com/group/applevan/topics
>
> > is the meeting this saturday or next? [2 Updates]
> > Reminder re Meetup this Saturday [1 Update]
> >  is the meeting this saturday or next?
> > "Tom D." <tdan...@gmail.com> Nov 10 04:38PM -0800
>
> > Is the first meeting THIS saturday Nov. 11th or NEXT saturday Nov 19th? tom d.
>
> > Glenna Rose <glenn...@gmail.com> Nov 10 05:03PM -0800
>
> > Says, Saturday, Nov. 19th.
>
> > --
> > ---<-@ Glenna Rose @->---
>
> > I cannot change the world, but I can make my little corner better.
>
> >  Reminder re Meetup this Saturday
> > Rory Bowman <MacR...@macrory.com> Nov 10 09:44AM -0800
>
> > Just a reminder that the first AppleVan MeetUp is this Saturday at 11am as perhttp://www.meetup.com/AppleVan/events/39705902/

tda...@gmail.com

Nov 11, 2011, 8:54:14 PM11/11/11
to appl...@googlegroups.com
Hi Sunny:
First off, thanks for your efforts on setting up the new Meetup site.

Secondly, I am setting lonely over here on the bone-head bench trying to figure out all these new changes.  It took me the better part of the week just figure out how to register for this new meetup site.  It all seems overly complicated and confusing to me.... Like where is the link for members to send in an email question to the group? And where would their answers be read at?  I'm sure this is obvious to most, and could be cleared up rapidly at that first meeting.
 I would like to come to the Sat. 19th meeting, but have a funeral to attend, so I'm still deciding if I should bury the dead or my computer.
Thanks again for your efforts......   I'll catch up with the pack eventually, but still treading water at this moment.

  tom