RipIt 1.6.1

Glenna Rose

Nov 22, 2011, 12:53:04 AM11/22/11
to AppleVan
Does anyone have experience with this?

How does it compare with Handbrake?

Glenna

Steven Riggins

Nov 22, 2011, 12:53:30 AM11/22/11
to appl...@googlegroups.com
I do not, sorry.

--
Steven Riggins
Sent with Sparrow

Mark Miranda

Nov 22, 2011, 8:29:57 AM11/22/11
to AppleVan
RipIt is more of a basic burning application where HandBrake is more
of an encoder/decoder. Use them both together for effective media
conversions or similar projects. Consider HandBrake with VLC for more
advanced media work.

On Nov 21, 9:53 pm, Steven Riggins <srigg...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I do not, sorry.
>
> --
> Steven Riggins

> Sent with Sparrow (http://www.sparrowmailapp.com)

> On Monday, November 21, 2011 at 9:53 PM, Glenna Rose wrote:
> > Does anyone have experience with this?
>
> > How does it compare with Handbrake?
>
> > Glenna

Glenna Rose

Nov 23, 2011, 12:09:24 AM11/23/11
to AppleVan
Thank you, Steve and Mark.

Because my chief purpose, at least initially, is to break apart my own
DVDs for the original video so I can re-purpose it, it sounds like
HandBrake is a better choice for me. I just want to be able to take it
back into iMovie or FinalCut to make new video. I have some amazing
bumble bee video from 2001 or so that I seem to have deleted the
original footage with it only being on DVD. It's raw video and could
be much nicer with music, etc. I am very disappointed to have taped
over the original which is something I rarely do. Nearly always, I
would upload it to iMovie, delete what would never be used and then
download it back to tape for archiving - apparently didn't download
this one back to tape.

Then iDVD came out and I got a bit carried away.<g> I remember going
to the PMUG classroom when that beautiful new Mac was there on loan
with iDVD and making my first DVDs. So much fun and so much more to
come. :-)

I must admit that Rory introducing me to iMovie changed my entire
life, really! He and Kelli asked me to demo iMovie at Esther Short
Park and I was so totally hooked. 2000 was a good year!!! I bought
my first new Mac and really used it. From iMovie, I went on into
Photoshop. Interestingly, I only took the Photoshop class to learn
layers because FinalCut used layers and I wanted to understand
layers. Had no idea the layers concept was so incredibly easy. Then
with working on The Independent at Clark, I got into page layout,
created my term project in Technical Report Writing II in Framemaker
(not sure if that is the right name, InDesign's predecessor) which was
an instruction book "Using Still Images in iMovie," learned Quark,
then InDesign cam out and I fell in love with it; so many programs I
would not have tried had it not been for iMovie and the Mac. In the
early years of iMovie, I even taught it at Vancouver's public access
studio when it was downtown (and, of course, in the PMUG classroom).
I was even the first person to give a presentation on iMovie at a PMUG
general meeting, a night I remember well as I was on stage using a
touch pad for the FIRST time on someone else's computer, nothing like
pressure.<g>

Though I was active on my previous operating system and tried all
sorts of programs, I have definitely gone many extra miles with my
Mac. The support we have for our Macs, such as AppleVan and PMUG, is
incredible. Mac users are a wonderful group of folks as a whole.
I had never understood why Mac users loved, yes loved, their
Macs . . . but I sure found out why. <g>

Again, thank you.