Reminder re Meetup this Saturday

Rory Bowman

Nov 10, 2011, 12:44:36 PM11/10/11
to appl...@googlegroups.com
Just a reminder that the first AppleVan MeetUp is this Saturday at 11am as per http://www.meetup.com/AppleVan/events/39705902/

Because AppleVan is a public group, sign up at MeetUp.com to get the exact location. I won't be there, but hope you all have fun. MeetUp is a great service and this is a terrific and exciting way to mix things up!

Saturday, November 19, 2011, 11:00 AM

SELECTED BY: SUNNY LEGRAND
This location is shown only to members
Let's get acquainted with the Meetup Site and options.

AppleVAN hasn't been meeting during the Nov-Dec months due to holiday conflicts, but let's get together and have a "Winter Social" and I'll do a presentation about Meetup and how to navigate the site.

I hope you will find this new format easy and encouraging of new participation and options to make your Mac-Life better :-)

Just so you know ... we will have meetings monthly -- and maybe more -- and not necessarily on Wed nights. Some meetings will be during the day and weekends. We will also rotate locations, so if anyone has a suggestion or a space they can offer, please contact me ASAP. I can offer my clubhouse for many meetings, but there is no WiFi.

How about a coffee/hot chocolate & nibbles to encourage our socializing??? We have a full kitchen, so I can put the coffee & hot water on! Please bring a small something to nibble and share. I'll provide the coffee & tea.