Elements 10

Charles Stookey

Dec 3, 2011, 10:45:40 PM12/3/11
to appl...@googlegroups.com
I upgraded to 10 from 9. The major thing I have noticed is that it opens faster. If I had a choice and money was an issue I would stay with 9 and keep reading the reviews.

Glenna Rose

Dec 3, 2011, 11:17:27 PM12/3/11
to appl...@googlegroups.com
Really, Charles?

Brent responded on the PMUG site and mentioned the text option
(curving around objects, etc.) which is something I would likely use a
lot when working with old photographs as I am adding info. The next
project I am working on is a text design. I started it in InDesign
but decided Photoshop might be better as it is so much easier to do
certain things and won't need to be converting files for uploading for
finishing my project.

Today has brought some challenges with this trial version but when I
left for an errand and powered up the computer on my return, they
appear to have fixed themselves. That infamous restart perhaps.

With the discount, 10 is not that much more expensive than 9. Have
you found any negatives in 10 that would have made you stay with 9? I
guess that is the question for me now.

Thank you,
Glenna

--
---<-@ Glenna Rose @->---

I cannot change the world, but I can make my little corner better.

Glenna Rose

Dec 4, 2011, 3:17:09 PM12/4/11
to AppleVan
Well, folks, after much input from here, PMUG and private emails and
considering all comments and experiences, I went with Photoshop
Elements 10. After deciding on 10, I went to Powell's page to order
Classroom in a Book and was going to get PE through Adobe with the
discount. However, the book was coming from overseas (?) which
defeated my purpose of buying local (and it was going to cost extra
for the international shipping!). I went to Amazon and ordered both
PE 10 and CIB for $93 total. This early in the trial version, my
order should be here long before the trial expires so I will be able
to continue on my current project.

Again, thank you ever so much for the help. Our Mac community is
great!

Glenna