Muse (New Adobe program)

Glenna Rose

Nov 11, 2011, 11:07:28 PM11/11/11
to AppleVan
Last night at the InDesign Users Group meeting, they mentioned Muse
which is a new product by Adobe. It is basically a page layout
program that directly creates web pages and is still in Beta (4.0 at
this point). It will be on the market next year as a finished
product. In the meantime, we can download it and try it. At the
download button on the site, it says, "In order to run Adobe Muse,
installer will also set up Adobe AIR."

Problem is that I have tried several times today to download it and am
having issues which I hope someone here can help with. It will act
like it is downloading (though it does not show in the download
window) and gives a partial message it is installing Adobe AIR and
then gives an error message that the installer has quit. Image of
message at:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/23849015/Muse%20Error%20Message.tiff

I am using OS X 10.5.8 on a MacBook, 4 GB memory with ample hard drive
space.

Anyone have any thoughts/information about this? I would really like
to try this program.

Glenna

Kelli41385

Nov 11, 2011, 11:31:18 PM11/11/11
to AppleVan
If you go to:   http://www.adobe.com/there will be a button for
downloading Adobe Airnear the right side of the page under the large
pictureat the top of the page.
When I clicked it, it began the download process correctly.I didn't
continue on to download Muse as I have no need for it.Hopefully Muse
will download properly once Air is installed.
Kelli   : )

Glenna Rose

Nov 11, 2011, 11:38:26 PM11/11/11
to appl...@googlegroups.com
Thank you, Kelli. Apparently I need 10.6 for this version. I have
not been able to figure out which of the files in the Archives I need
to download. (Muse does not require 10.6)

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/853/cpsid_85304.html

Any idea which one? I have 10.5.8.

Thank you,
Glenna

--
---<-@ Glenna Rose @->---

I cannot change the world, but I can make my little corner better.

Glenna Rose

Nov 12, 2011, 12:03:02 AM11/12/11
to appl...@googlegroups.com
Well, Kelli, I am in a loop! Though Muse does not need 10.6, the
version of AIR it uses apparently does. In downloading Muse, it tells
me I need a newer version of AIR, the newer version requires 10.6.
This non-geek mind does not see the difference between Muse needing
10.6 and it using a 10.6 program to run. Am I missing something
there?

Guess I am not going to get to try Muse after all. It is a shame
because it looks like just what I want for the website at work. Oh,
well.