Question on Appledoc Companion Guide

ramo

Jul 10, 2014, 6:26:14 PM7/10/14
to appl...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Is there any way to generate companion guides similar to the way they are with Apple documentations and guidelines:

All I did so far is create .markdown file and

--index-desc "${PROJECT_DIR}/DocumentationGuides/readme.markdown" \

--include "${PROJECT_DIR}/DocumentationGuides" \

I see that the readme.markdown shows properly as the index description, but couldn't find the files in DocumentationGuides as part of html documentation. It always creates a folder under docs but never links to the source code documentation.

Thanks a lot

Tom @ Gentle Bytes

Jul 11, 2014, 2:30:02 AM7/11/14
to appledoc on behalf of ramo
See web archive of my old website:

It contains a chapter on companion guides (see the sidebar on the right side).

Cheers, Tom

ramo

Jul 14, 2014, 4:54:10 PM7/14/14
to appl...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Tom,

Is there any way to link to companion guides from the source code documentation. For example See https://developer.apple.com/library/ios/documentation/uikit/reference/UINavigationController_Class/Reference/Reference.html

As you can see, under the table of contents, there are companion guides in UINavigationController Class Reference.

I know it is possible to link to classes, methods, categories and protocols in the companion guides.

Thanks,

On Thursday, July 10, 2014 11:30:02 PM UTC-7, Tom wrote:
See web archive of my old website:

It contains a chapter on companion guides (see the sidebar on the right side).

Cheers, Tom

Tom @ Gentle Bytes

Jul 15, 2014, 12:43:27 AM7/15/14
to appledoc on behalf of ramo
Of course - see section "Cross referencing documents" on companion guides chapter on the link I sent the previous time. Appledoc processes code comments and companion guides (i.e. template documents) using the same logic so it works in all directions.

ramo

Jul 15, 2014, 1:26:26 PM7/15/14
to appl...@googlegroups.com
Thanks a lot! Right, I know that if any word matches document name without -template suffix and extension,  it's automatically converted to cross reference to that document. And I can link them to each others, source code documentation to guides and guides to source code documentation.

My question is more on the presentation, is there any way to actually present it on the left side bar the same as Apple guides?

Thanks,

On Monday, July 14, 2014 9:43:27 PM UTC-7, Tom wrote:
Of course - see section "Cross referencing documents" on companion guides chapter on the link I sent the previous time. Appledoc processes code comments and companion guides (i.e. template documents) using the same logic so it works in all directions.

Tom @ Gentle Bytes

Jul 15, 2014, 2:27:22 PM7/15/14
to appledoc on behalf of ramo
Oh, hmm, I don't think so...

I know people were asking of this in the past. I didn't implement it myself and don't remember if someone else did it or not :/

--
Sent from my iPad

ramo