Project activity

Rob Van der Veer

Jul 25, 2013, 2:30:44 AM7/25/13
to appl...@googlegroups.com
How many people are still actively working on appledoc? Is there an eta for 3.0? I know tomaz is actively responding to mails and issue but i'm wondering how much development is going on. I see issues over 2 years old not having been fixed or closed.

I just joined the project and i think its a good project. I come from Micrsoft where i had to work with Sandcastle and DocProject because NDoc died..

Tom @ Gentle Bytes

Jul 25, 2013, 2:42:47 AM7/25/13
to appledoc on behalf of Rob Van der Veer
I started work on 3.0, available on experimental branch as much as it was completed. With it my effort was to bring the platform to more stable state and bring in all most requested features. Then for the past few months, the project has been on hold as far as my involvement goes - I had too much work to attend it. In this time the only updates were from contributors, fixing bugs and adding smaller features.

I was about to come back with development, but, based on Xcode5 improvements, decided to wait for a while to see where Apple is going in this regard.

Tom

On 25. jul. 2013, at 08:30, Rob Van der Veer via appledoc <appledoc+noreply-APn2wQf40KCiZsQ...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

> How many people are still actively working on appledoc? Is there an eta for 3.0? I know tomaz is actively responding to mails and issue but i'm wondering how much development is going on. I see issues over 2 years old not having been fixed or closed.
>
> I just joined the project and i think its a good project. I come from Micrsoft where i had to work with Sandcastle and DocProject because NDoc died..

Rob Van der Veer

Jul 25, 2013, 3:01:07 AM7/25/13
to appledoc on behalf of Tom, appledoc on behalf of Rob Van der Veer
What are the chances of everybody immedately switching to Xcode 5? I will, probaby, but nobody has any idea what side effects it may have

Tom @ Gentle Bytes

Jul 25, 2013, 3:10:09 AM7/25/13
to appledoc on behalf of Rob Van der Veer
It's still beta, so not immediately, but sooner or later, just like the switch from Xcode 2 to 3 and 3 to 4 back in the day.

My point was Apple is starting to make efforts regarding source code documentation, so I'd like to wait a while to see where they're heading. I don't want to focus on areas that are going to be "sherlocked" soon (in positive way :)

Tom

Rob Van der Veer

Jul 25, 2013, 3:12:20 AM7/25/13
to appledoc on behalf of Tom
Agreed. That would be a waste of energy. And i learned a new word today too: 'sherlocked'.

Tom @ Gentle Bytes

Jul 25, 2013, 3:13:52 AM7/25/13
to appledoc on behalf of Rob Van der Veer

Rob Van der Veer

Jul 25, 2013, 3:19:00 AM7/25/13
to appledoc on behalf of Tom
I can't be blamed for not knowing, it was only added in 2010 ! Way after my schooldays, big grin.

Tom @ Gentle Bytes

Jul 25, 2013, 3:27:57 AM7/25/13
to appledoc on behalf of Rob Van der Veer
I think the term is older than that. Whatever, no blame, sorry if it sounded like it :)

Tom

Rob Van der Veer

Jul 25, 2013, 6:05:26 AM7/25/13
to appledoc on behalf of Tom, appledoc on behalf of Rob Van der Veer
No worries.

I had a code rush just now and i implementec typedef enum parsing for appledoc. Its now added to the GBModel. Any tips on how to include this in the generator?

Tom @ Gentle Bytes

Jul 25, 2013, 6:27:36 AM7/25/13
to appledoc on behalf of Rob Van der Veer
Generator will take a bit more work: first and foremost you need to update template files so that the data is generated. From then on, you may need to do some handling of the dictionary that's passed to generator and contains all of the data for template.

Hope this sets you in the right direction.

Tom

Rob Van der Veer

Jul 25, 2013, 10:26:58 AM7/25/13
to appledoc on behalf of Tom
It certainly did. Expect a pull request in a few days, i need to clean up and document my changes first.

Perhaps there are contributors that want to help me testing? If so, let me know and i'll push a beta to my fork tonight

Rob Van der Veer

Jul 25, 2013, 4:44:51 PM7/25/13
to appl...@googlegroups.com

We're getting somewhere now: https://github.com/tomaz/appledoc/issues/2