How to update version build

Ryan Rosello

Jun 17, 2019, 5:00:14 PM6/17/19
to appledoc
Hello,

Hoping someone might be able to help. I have two different computers with the same project. In one `brew install` installed 2.2.1 (build 1333) in the other `brew install` added 2.2.1 (build 1334).

The machine with 1334 build successfully generates the html files with appropriate content, while 1333 creates the html files with correct names of class, protocols, constants, etc, but missing the internal content. All the files have same blank html template with no class or object specific information. Just the project info.

I've used the `--print-settings` flag and the only difference I see is in a `--create-markdown` flag

How can I update the build from 1333 to 1334? I don't even see 1334 on github. Or is there another issue I should be addressing?

Thank you.
Message has been deleted

Ryan Rosello

Jun 17, 2019, 7:35:30 PM6/17/19
to appledoc
Figured it out.
Instead of brew install, I installed appledoc from the github build and quick install shell script.

Comparing the Templates folders between appledoc directory and .appledoc directory, I noticed .appledoc directory was missing markdown template directory

I copied all four directories inside Templates from appledoc github clone to .appledoc directory.

Things are working as expected again.

Maybe this helps someone. Thank you.

Tom @ Gentle Bytes

Jun 18, 2019, 1:12:52 AM6/18/19
to appledoc on behalf of Matt Propst
Cool! Installing from source is preferred way. Though perhaps you'd need to update homebrew prior to installing to get latest version.

Tom

Ryan Rosello

Jun 18, 2019, 11:55:22 AM6/18/19
to appledoc
Thank you. :) I will always install from source in the future.

Later realized #2 on your trouble shooting list solves the templates issue. I guess it just took some time to get my head around what was happening.
⏰👀🐢🧠

All the best,
Ryan