I-phone 10 s, can't turn off, can't use app switcher, can't use SIRI

Peter Greco

Nov 26, 2021, 1:20:28 AM11/26/21
to appleb...@googlegroups.com
Hi, hopefully someone can help and apologies if slightly off List topic?
I have the I-phone 10 s.
For some reason, I can't use siri, I can't get Hey Siri to work, I can hold down the power button, get the siri response, but can't talk to it or get any other response, can't turn the phone off, I hold down power button and down volume, no dice, hold down power button and volume up button no dice, hold down power on and volume up and down buttons, no dice, can't use the app switcher, if I open settings, try app switcher gesture, I get settings back button.
Any help please?
Peter

Barbara Davis

Nov 26, 2021, 8:58:27 AM11/26/21
to appleb...@googlegroups.com
Hello Peter,

It sounds like your program is damaged so you need to reset it with sight person to removed everything and put refresh like buying a new iphone. Sometimes refresh new downloading all over if you have saved all information in the icloud storage is goodnews. It will help to clear up damaged and get fresh one will work.

You will need sight person to help you out.

Barbara

Sent from my iPhone

> On Nov 26, 2021, at 1:20 AM, Peter Greco <peter.1...@bigpond.com> wrote:
>
> Hi, hopefully someone can help and apologies if slightly off List topic?

jeffrey...@gmail.com

Dec 3, 2021, 4:42:53 PM12/3/21
to appleb...@googlegroups.com
Hey Barbara:

Jeff here...

Many thanks for your PATIENCE! It has been a a few very busy weeks for me and now the holiday season is here, things are finally quieting up as I have no plans and no parties to go this year. So, I am doing some catching up and your message3 was among one of the first ones on my list to check into. YEAH!! YIPEE! Yeah, I got it to work and all looks great on my i-Phone. I just need to do the update of iOS and then I am good and ready to go through, etc.

Just curious...does Canada have MY MMX DB, a special VRS program for the DeafBlind? I have one on both my i-Phone and my laptop and I really love it! NO more TTY's!

Wising you and yours a very happy and healthy holiday season!

Kindest Regards,
Jeff
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/applebraille/7E9AEF54-F4CB-4492-B2A7-D2F1132C698D%40gmail.com.

Barbara Davis

Dec 3, 2021, 5:09:48 PM12/3/21
to appleb...@googlegroups.com
Hello Jeff,

I am glad you got it and hmmm

Do you mean VRI? Video relay interpreter to call for DB? No we don’t have but they are processing working on it for DB people. We do have VRI for the deaf people only. Not bad it is getting there I hope.
Merry Christmas and happy New Year to you all

Barbara

Sent from my iPhone