瀏覽次數:0 次
跳到第一則未讀訊息

jeffrey...@gmail.com

未讀,
2021年12月4日 晚上11:32:292021/12/4
收件者:appleb...@googlegroups.com

Jeff here…

Season’s Greetings All:

It is easy for one to google as well as online assistance for Windows based computers which I, most of the time, don’t have a problem.

However, this doesn’t seem to be the case for i-Devices.  Perhaps it is mostly how the current iOS is created and how doing the steps with Braille keys keeps on changing.  One good example is about the Contact APP.  When I am in an email, I would notice that I want to add the sender to the Contact list but this is not working like it used to do.  Also, if I want and need to pick out someone from the Contact APP to add to the TO: or CC:, the name is not there whereas I know it was there in the past plus it seems to jump around.   Or how does one get step by step directions to cut/copy a block to paste into another area, etc.

Thanks, and enjoy the rest of the weekend!!

Jeff

Brian Tew

未讀,
2021年12月5日 凌晨1:07:032021/12/5
收件者:appleb...@googlegroups.com
If you drag a finger around on the screen your contact name probably is there.
But it does not come up as easily as before. sometimes I can use the space-f find command to locate the name I want.
For that you must have focus on the right side of the screen.

On Dec 4, 2021, at 10:32 PM, jeffrey...@gmail.com wrote:

Brian Tew

未讀,
2021年12月5日 凌晨1:49:122021/12/5
收件者:appleb...@googlegroups.com
When googling for ios commands always use the word voiceover.

What we need is to mark the start and end of a block of text and then copy it.
I don't know if this is possible exactly.
I am gonna ask apple accesiibility.
meanwhile I just discovered the reverse pinch gesture; never knew about it.
You can select a character, word or line with space-256 then reverse pinch on the screen to make it select more text.
I don't know if there is a key combo for reverse pinch.
selected text is highlighted in print; in  braille it has dots 7 and 8 under it.
Here is some info, but somewhat outdated I think.

--

Barbara Davis

未讀,
2021年12月5日 上午9:32:122021/12/5
收件者:appleb...@googlegroups.com
Hello Jeff,

I am on IOS 15.1 and have no problem with contact app.

If I want to add e mail address to contact app is 2 different ways.

I go to contact app to open and click the word add then type name  and e mail address.

Or I get a new e mail from someone else in the mail app and I open to read. I go to the word ‘from’ and click on that name twice because first will not open so click again will open. Go down to the word create new address. Click that one then check make sure first and last name is correct and check e mail then click done. It works just fine for me.

I mostly used to click from to add it which is easier to avoid typing wrong e mail address by wrong spelling. I avoid that.

If you want to type a perrson to or from.I don’t go to contact app. I go to mail app

Click mail app and go to bottom saying compose click on that then type to who you want to add. ‘To’ I type example Jeff then go down abit look for right name Jeff list and click which list is the right person Jeff because I have more than one name of Jeff

I go to next word CC then click on that then type name pretend Allan then go down look for which Allan is correct then click on it. Then type another person name Peter go down look for which one is correct Peter then click onit

Go to Subject to type then e maol body message that is all.

That is the most easy way i do that better than contact app is more work

I hope that helps

Barbara

Sent from my iPhone

On Dec 4, 2021, at 11:32 PM, jeffrey...@gmail.com wrote:

--

jeffrey...@gmail.com

未讀,
2021年12月5日 下午4:11:112021/12/5
收件者:appleb...@googlegroups.com

That is cool tip about using the word, “voice-over” when toggling for instructions. In the past, I’ve used the term of “Braille keys” which did not always work.  I guess I should use the word, “Jaws” when I need to google for instructions in Windows operating system.

Many thanks, Brain!

Jeff

jeffrey...@gmail.com

未讀,
2021年12月5日 下午4:34:192021/12/5
收件者:appleb...@googlegroups.com

Brian and Barbara:

I apologize for clocking on the wrong email to reply to Brain today.  Sorry!

Now , Barbra, I have two things to say here.  First, instead of seeing the word “Add” as I have seen in the past, I see the junk test that I explained in my last email and even clicking on it doesn’t work.  Also, I would want to figure out if your instructions would work if I picked the specific email that I want to see be entered into Contact APP so I simply clicked right on the name/address that I want to be copied into the Contact Apso I’ve to wait until I get the junk text out of all over my iOS!.

Thanks, mucho!

Jeff