Google is testing cars that drive themselves

Alex Jurgensen

Oct 11, 2010, 6:40:09 PM10/11/10
to apple-s...@googlegroups.com, AWEB...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

I received this interesting E-mail from one of the mailing lists that I am on. It is about cars that drive themselves.

What do you all think?

Would you buy one?

Would you prefer an IOS/Mac OS X powered car?

the message is below my signature.

Regards,
Alex,

Begin forwarded message:

From: "Neal Ewers" <neal....@ravenswood.org>
Date: October 11, 2010 3:02:21 PM PDT
To: "Viphone" <vip...@googlegroups.com>
Subject: OT. Google is testing cars that drive themselves

Google is testing cars that drive themselves
Now, if you're wondering what this has to do with the iPhone, well, it's a stretch.  But, imagine sitting behind the wheel of a car swiping life and right or tilting the phone to get out of the way of an oncoming car.  Of course, how do you know there is an oncoming car.  Well, evidently the Google car knows.  So if Apple beats Google to the punch, who knows what the future will hold.  And after all, if the world knew there were blind drivers on the road, I'm guessing they would pay more attention to where they were going or who was coming at them, thus cutting down on traffic accidents.

OK, I said it was a stretch, but the link is below.  <smile>.

http://edition.cnn.com/2010/TECH/innovation/10/11/google.testing.cars.mashable/index.html?eref=edition

Neal Ewers
Ravenswood Productions
          ----------
Work as if it was your first day.
Play as if it were your last game.
Forgive as soon as possible.
Love without boundaries.
Laugh without control.
Speak with people as if it may be the last thing you ever say to them.
And never stop smiling.

Alex Jurgensen,
VoiceOver Trainer,

Visit us on the web at: www.vipbc.org