Playing Video on Mac not working

Catherine Jones

Jan 16, 2013, 3:06:01 PM1/16/13
to appj...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
  I am trying to play a video in an appjs app.  The video is played using the line below:
<video id="movie" autoplay="autoplay"  src="movie.mov" type ='video/mp4; codecs="avc1.42E01E,mp4a.40.2"' >

This works great using Chrome on a Mac (10.6.8) but doesn't work in appjs. I just see a black box.  does video playback work ok in appjs or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks

Catherine

Kevin Ingwersen

Jan 16, 2013, 3:08:02 PM1/16/13
to appj...@googlegroups.com
Maybe you got the mimetype wrong? video/mp4 doesn't look like a mov file. It's just a guess, never worked with videos ^^;

Catherine Jones

Jan 16, 2013, 4:11:10 PM1/16/13
to appj...@googlegroups.com
Hi Kevin,
      Thanks for that. it wasn't the mimetype but the actual encoding of the video. I double checked what it was and it is in H.264. Chrome plays it, but a quick search I found that its not installed by default on Chromium. Converted the video to webm and now working fine.

Catherine