app.js Devlopment kit - develop web app without node.js

Composite

Nov 29, 2012, 11:54:23 PM11/29/12
to appj...@googlegroups.com
I was mede a devkit for app.js windows Distributable. (I will make also mac and linux soon.)
this kit included app.js, node.js and npm. so you can make app without required stuff.
download, unzip, and enjoy it!
"devkit.bat" runs for node.js included comment prompt.
if you want deploy app, just delete devkit.bat, readme.txt and any files in bin directory except node.exe!

https://github.com/composite/appjs/downloads

enjoy coding!

sihorton

Nov 30, 2012, 4:50:48 AM11/30/12
to appj...@googlegroups.com
Hi Composite,

Great to see that you built a Task Monitor using appjs, I am running it on my pc now!

I had the idea that we should have a page where we list different projects that people have built using AppJS. I can include your application on that page if it is ok.

To understand the development kit you created, this is the same as the pre-built distributions (http://appjs.org/#download) but includes npm (node package manager)  and the devkit bat file that opens an npm enabled console (I was able to open it and just type in "npm install appjs-package" to install my module.

It all worked fine on my windows 7 machine! Keep us informed of any updates :-)

/Simon

Composite

Dec 4, 2012, 1:44:39 AM12/4/12
to appj...@googlegroups.com
OK. I'm seeing everyday for more easy to develop and deploy. thanks.