Urgent : Chrome Browser is crashing when url is about to load

HariPrasath Varadhan

Sep 3, 2014, 5:37:05 AM9/3/14
to appium-...@googlegroups.com, haripr...@tcs.com

CC:  Jonathan Lipps, Isaac Murchie

Dear Appium Followers,

I have been working hard to automate a simple case in chrome but failing to achieve that..

_______________________________________
Environment:

Laptop OS :  MAC OS X 10.9.2
Appium Version : 1.2.2 ( MAC OS X ver)
Chrome Driver : 2.10
chrome apk: 35
Selenium- Java Binding : 2.42.2
Android Emulator: 4.4.2 (API 19)

IDE : Kepler Service Release 2
Project: Java Project

Steps to reproduce the Issue:
  1. Appium Server Launch ( Appium IDE —> Clicking Launch )
  2. Executing as a Java application
  3. Chrome Browser Launched —> Junk value (Data is displayed in address bar)
  4. Chrome Browser is crashing when url is about to load

Logs:
  • Starting ChromeDriver (v2.10.267517) on Only local connections are allowed.Exception in thread "main" org.openqa.selenium.WebDriverException: unknown error: cannot find Chrome binary

Sometimes I get this, ( Depending on the l path of the chromdriver I keep)
  • Exception in thread "main” java.lang.IllegalStateException: The driver executable does not exist:      /Users/tcs/Applications/Appium.app/Contents/Resources/node_modules/appium/build/chromedriver/mac/chromedriver

NOTE
  • I’m sure ChromeDriver is available in that path
  • If I pass 0.0.0.0:9515, Then it throws port is not available so I’m passing 4723
  • Very Important: If I remove WebDriver driver1 = new ChromeDriver(); Then its loading url ( Expectation is achieved here but not clicking on web elements

My Code:

public class Test1 {

public static void main(String[] args) throws MalformedURLException {

    WebDriver driver;

    System.setProperty("webdriver.chrome.driver","/Users/username/Applications/Appium.app/Contents/Resources/node_modules/appium/build/chromedriver/mac/chromedriver");

     DesiredCapabilities capabilities = new DesiredCapabilities();
     capabilities.setCapability("platformName","Android");
     capabilities.setCapability("platformVersion","4.4.2");
     capabilities.setCapability("deviceName","Android Emulator");

     capabilities.setCapability("browserName","Chrome");

     driver = new RemoteWebDriver(new URL("http://127.0.0.1:4723/wd/hub"),capabilities);
     //driver = new RemoteWebDriver(new URL("http://0.0.0.0:9515"),capabilities);

     driver.manage().timeouts().implicitlyWait(10, TimeUnit.SECONDS);

     WebDriver driver1 = new ChromeDriver();
     driver1.get("http://google.com");
     driver1.findElement(By.id("gbqfif")).click();

     driver1.quit();

   }

}

I have been blocked here since a week by spending lot of hours/day. Kindly help me to take complete my project using Appium.
I have been working in Appium since 8months and very successful in automating native apps…

________________________________________ THE END ___________________________

Isaac Murchie

Sep 3, 2014, 7:00:13 AM9/3/14
to HariPrasath Varadhan, appium-...@googlegroups.com, haripr...@tcs.com
Do you have Chrome installed on the emulator? What version? Does it work manually?

--
http://appium.io
---

HariPrasath Varadhan

Sep 3, 2014, 7:06:43 AM9/3/14
to appium-...@googlegroups.com, vhp...@gmail.com, haripr...@tcs.com

Yes, chrome api version 35 is installed and working manually successfully...

Regards,
Hari

Isaac Murchie

Sep 3, 2014, 7:11:37 AM9/3/14
to HariPrasath Varadhan, appium-...@googlegroups.com, haripr...@tcs.com
I would use the Appium Java client rather than the ChromeDriver client library.
Message has been deleted

HariPrasath Varadhan

Sep 3, 2014, 9:24:16 AM9/3/14
to appium-...@googlegroups.com, vhp...@gmail.com, haripr...@tcs.com

    Dear Isaac,

    Where Can I find the Appium Java client.I have multiple link and confussed which one to use.. Pls guide

    Also, For MAC, Is there any separate setup required....?

Isaac Murchie

Sep 3, 2014, 9:30:35 AM9/3/14
to HariPrasath Varadhan, appium-...@googlegroups.com, haripr...@tcs.com
The repository is here: https://github.com/appium/java-client

The instructions are there. I'm not a Java developer, so I don't know exactly what is needed.

Have you read through the documentation for setup on Mac? It should explain things.

HariPrasath Varadhan

Sep 3, 2014, 11:17:34 AM9/3/14
to appium-...@googlegroups.com, vhp...@gmail.com, haripr...@tcs.com

   Issac,

   Thanks for the above link

   Can I use webdriver driver = new chromedriver() or skip this... ( Usually we do this in selenium)

    without above line of code, its working fine.. But if I call the above line, it throws could not find chromedriver
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to appium-discuss+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.