iPhone with iOS 6 or 6.1 Bugs??

Raymond Ng

Jan 15, 2014, 10:13:11 AM1/15/14
to appi...@googlegroups.com
When the rater prompt is shown on iPhone 6.0 or 6.1, it only show "Rate AppName" without the "If you enjoy using..." message..
Is it a bug?

iPad 6.0 or 6.1 is no problem, iPhone 7 is no problem.

Thanks!!

Arash Payan

Jan 18, 2014, 1:04:57 PM1/18/14
to appi...@googlegroups.com
I don't have any iOS 6 devices anymore, so I can't reproduce it. If you can track down the issue and send a pull request that would be very helpful to all.

Thanks,
Arash

Raymond Ng

Jan 19, 2014, 3:42:10 AM1/19/14
to appi...@googlegroups.com
I am just a beginner, not sure if I can track down, but this bug can reproduce in Simulator.. don't need an iphone.

Raymond Ng

Jan 25, 2014, 1:49:51 PM1/25/14
to appi...@googlegroups.com
Any fixes for this bug? Thanks.

Arash Payan

Jan 25, 2014, 4:11:05 PM1/25/14
to appi...@googlegroups.com
I haven't had any time to look into it, but I'll happily accept a patch if someone can provide one.

Raymond Ng

Jan 28, 2014, 7:21:16 AM1/28/14
to appi...@googlegroups.com
I found the message is actually displayed, but it is truncated due to limited space in iPhone's prompt, it is better not displayed instead :-)
Anyway this is not a bug, just need little improvement. Thanks for your time.

Raymond Ng

Jan 28, 2014, 12:38:09 PM1/28/14
to appi...@googlegroups.com
More updates, for English and French localization, it shows truncated message. For German, it doesn't show the message. Strange..

Arash Payan

Feb 6, 2014, 7:36:19 PM2/6/14
to appi...@googlegroups.com
If there's not enough vertical space to present all the content, then yes, iOS will start cutting out the message. This is particularly bad in landscape mode. I don't have a great solution to this problem either.

Raymond Ng

Feb 7, 2014, 5:19:34 AM2/7/14
to appi...@googlegroups.com
Some localization cut out, some localization still show truncated message. Actually the message must not fit the iphone ios6 screen in landscape mode, I would suggest simply skipping the message under this situation. Thanks.