Unable to CANCEL out of App Store

Paul

Mar 20, 2013, 2:18:33 PM3/20/13
to appi...@googlegroups.com
After selecting Rate, a new window appears which takes me to the App Store and my program.  At the top of the window is a button marked "CANCEL".  The button does not cancel out of the App Store and back to the program.  Instead pressing the Cancel button seems to have no effect.  Once my users are sent to the App Store, they are trapped and unable to return to the program.  The only way out is to terminate execution of the app and re-launch.  After re-launching Appirator has the user marked as having written a review and no longer prompts.

Any ideas?

Thanks for your help!

Paul

Paul

Mar 20, 2013, 2:49:09 PM3/20/13
to appi...@googlegroups.com
I was able to figure it out.  My program was originally written for a much earlier version of iOS (iOS 3.13) and I was not specifying a root view controller.

The older technique was as follows:

[window addSubview:[mySubview view]];

With later iOS versions the recommended technique is:

        [self.window setRootViewController:mySubview];

Using setRootViewController fixed the problem.

hari kishan

May 7, 2013, 3:40:35 AM5/7/13
to appi...@googlegroups.com
@Paul ...i am also having same problem as mentioned above but still i did not get any solution

i do not under stand where to use this line  [self.window setRootViewController:mySubview];

i mena in which class .
and also if there any other way to solve this problem ,,then please help me.

thanks and Regards
hari kishan

Arash Payan

May 8, 2013, 1:48:39 AM5/8/13
to appi...@googlegroups.com
You should perform the call somewhere in your app delegate's – application:didFinishLaunchingWithOptions:  method

Shubham Kalra

Nov 11, 2013, 4:38:07 AM11/11/13
to appi...@googlegroups.com
Hey Arash.

Nice work.

I am Having same problem, cancel button is not taking me back to my app ,even after using         [self.window setRootViewController:mySubview];  code instead of adding subview.

I have tried both setting appirater's delegate to appdelegate and another viewcontroller on which i m invoking [Appirater RateApp];

Do i need to do something else also..?

Shubham Kalra

Nov 11, 2013, 4:59:41 AM11/11/13
to appi...@googlegroups.com
Sorry,i have noticed later that i was using addsubview in some other method which was adding myviewcontroller as window's subview.

Thanx..:)