Does Appirater use Apple push notifications ?

varun reddy

Sep 27, 2014, 2:16:37 PM9/27/14
to appi...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

We have submitted our game for review to Apple and have implemented Appirater. Apple has sent us the following mail.

Missing Push Notification Entitlement - Your app appears to include API used to register with the Apple Push Notification service, but the app signature's entitlements do not include the "aps-environment" entitlement. If your app uses the Apple Push Notification service, make sure your App ID is enabled for Push Notification in the Provisioning Portal, and resubmit after signing your app with a Distribution provisioning profile that includes the "aps-environment" entitlement. See "Provisioning and Development" in the Local and Push Notification Programming Guide for more information. If your app does not use the Apple Push Notification service, no action is required. You may remove the API from future submissions to stop this warning. If you use a third-party framework, you may need to contact the developer for information on removing the API.

After they sent us this mail we replied saying we have an sdk called Apirater and explained what it does and then they sent us another mail which is as follows

I’m responding to your question about the missing push notification entitlement warning.

As I understand it, the app validator checks for an implementation of the UIApplicationDelegate method application:didRegisterForRemoteNotificationsWithDeviceToken: in the app. You’ll get the warning you described if your app delegate implements that method and there is no aps-environment entitlement.

It's possible that a third-party library you're using has implemented that method even though your app doesn't do anything with push notifications. In that case you can just ignore the warning. It's there to let developers who do use push notifications know if they might have signed their app incorrectly.

Please help us out, we need to know if we have to sign and submit the push notification entitlement certificate or not.

Regards

Varun

Arash Payan

Sep 27, 2014, 2:41:25 PM9/27/14
to varun reddy, appi...@googlegroups.com

Appirater does not use push notifications (APNs) or local notifications, so it must be another library in your project that is making use of the notification system.

-Arash