How to upgrade an AppengineJS project to use an updated Google AppEngine Java SDK?

Giacecco

Aug 25, 2010, 5:37:51 AM8/25/10
to appenginejs
I upgraded recently from Google App Engine Java SDK 1.3.5 to 1.3.6 and
that broke something in my AppengineJS website. I've been stupid,
because I should have checked first that AppengineJS had been checked
for it. Oddly enough, the error messages I get link the problem to
Ringo http://github.com/gmosx/appengine/issues#issue/3 .

Anyway, I then thought that this may be an opportunity to get George
to describe to us how an AppengineJS project should be upgraded when
a new Google SDK is available.

For example, it sounds obvious but should the files at

WEB-INF/lib/appengine-api-1.0-sdk.jar
WEB-INF/lib/appengine-api-labs.jar

be replaced with the new one in the SDK at

/lib/user/appengine-api-1.0-sdk-1.3.6.jar
/lib/user/appengine-api-labs-1.3.6.jar

... and should the file names be changed or it is not relevant? What
other changes are necessary?

Thank you in advance!

Giacecco

Giacecco

Aug 25, 2010, 5:47:12 AM8/25/10
to appenginejs
Haha I've just done it, and that fixed the problem I started from!
It's always true: describing a problem to someone is the first step to
solve it.

George, what other jars need replacing, in your experience?

G.

George Moschovitis

Aug 25, 2010, 7:04:40 AM8/25/10
to appen...@googlegroups.com
You typically update all the jars. ringo.jar includes all the files in the modules/ directory of Ringo.

to avoid having to replace jars in all my projects I use symbolic links to a single set of jars. When I update these jars, all my projects are automatically updated (I link the ringo.jar to the jar inside the Ringo directory, so my projects are updated when I run ant jar.

-g.