[appenginejs] error page handler

Andrei Danciuc

Dec 3, 2010, 6:11:32 PM12/3/10
to appenginejs
Hi all,

I want to be able to handle all "error links" from my site (build on appeginejs framework)

1 ) This is done nice by yahoo

Screenshot-Yahoo! - Namoroka.png

2) At the moment whats happen on appenginejs.org
Screenshot-Namoroka.png

I'm using blog-example as a milestone for my site, and I'm going to have some page of "error url" like on yahoo,
it will be kind if you tell me how to do it (without JavaException on "error url" page)

By the way how it's called "error url page" in web technique convention ?

As I read appenginejs is a GAE-JS pythonic architecture build on Java (Rhino and other modules).
In python I used to use some of that:
def main():
    logging.getLogger().setLevel(logging.DEBUG);
    application = webapp.WSGIApplication(
        [   ('/',       MainHandler),
            ('/grab',   GraberHandler),
            ('/grab2',  GraberHandler2),
            ('/grab3',  GraberHandler3),
            ('/grab4',  GraberHandler4),
            ('/user',   UserHandler),
            ('/db',     BankManipulation),
            ('.*',      PageNotFound)
        ],
        debug=True)
    run_wsgi_app(application)

And I'm thinking there are something the same in appengine.
I want to catch all url not matches by site maps and display those urls as misspelled

best regards,
Andrei Danciuc
www.asta-s.eu

Screenshot-Yahoo! - Namoroka.png
Screenshot-Namoroka.png

gabriel munteanu

Dec 5, 2010, 1:37:23 PM12/5/10
to appen...@googlegroups.com
what are you using as jsgi engine, in ringojs for example - that's what i use - 404 is a configuration item, and you specify a page for it and you are done.
ouu, and by the way, channels are available in gae now, maybe we will have it in appenginejs too soon ?

cheers,
jgabios
http://bash.editia.info