Moving to gaeutilities to github

Joe Bowman

Oct 1, 2009, 9:52:46 AM10/1/09
to appengine-utilities
In an effort to make it easier for developers to contribute to the
project, I am moving the project to Github. The trunk has just been
imported and you can now view it here - http://github.com/joerussbowman/gaeutilities

The reason for this change is I believe the abilities Github offers
for people to fork public projects for their own purposes will help,
especially as it appears for the next few months I'll have less time
for Appengine related projects.

Over the next few weeks, I'll work on updating the Google Code site,
and the demo site, to reflect the new source for the code, and
downloads.

Also, the project is recruiting. If you are interested in working on
gaeutilities, I can use help with handling issues as they arise,
documentation (which is in sore need of updating), and if people have
ideas for new utilities they'd like to add to the project I'd love to
see them. I always hoped this would become more of a community
oriented project, and over the past year several people have jumped in
and helped a lot. I'd like to especially think Paul Holt, Tobias
Rodaebel, and Mike Schreifels for their multiple contributions to the
project.