Discourse server

Evan Patton

Sep 18, 2019, 5:22:26 PM9/18/19
to App Inventor Open Source Development
Hello everyone,

We have been working on a new Discourse-based community to replace our use of Google Groups, motivated by a number of recent changes to Groups that has made management more difficult. We ask that you begin any new discussions on the new community site at community.appinventor.mit.edu. There is a Open Source Development category where you can continue to post questions and have conversations about App Inventor development.

Cheers,

Evan W. Patton, Ph.D.
On behalf of the MIT App Inventor team

Souvik Bera

Sep 18, 2019, 5:54:15 PM9/18/19
to App Inventor Open Source Development
Great decision. Finally we get rid of Google group's old looking UI.

Mark Friedman

Sep 18, 2019, 7:21:54 PM9/18/19
to App Inventor Open Source Development
I will be nostalgic (for obvious reasons) but happy to see it go.  As Hal will remember, we were never really excited about using Google Groups as a community forum but we couldn't find an alternative at the time that was reasonably easy to deploy and manage.  Google did a few things later to make Groups a tiny bit more appropriate for the task but it was never really good.

-Mark

bh26

Sep 19, 2019, 4:49:53 PM9/19/19
to App Inventor Open Source Development
Hi,
it's not clear if I have a problem with my  computer or what but I cannot create an account on this site.
And it does not allow me to log in as a standard App inventor user via Google.
At the end it displays "We cannot detect if your account was created, please ensure you have cookies enabled." which they are as a standard in this computer
Thanks

Jose Dominguez

Sep 19, 2019, 4:59:49 PM9/19/19
to app-inventor-open-source-dev
Hi there,

do you see anything when you try to log in through Google? I just
tried myself, and for some reason it uses a pop up windows, so I
couldn't figure out what was going on.

Once I clciked the pop up, it allowed me to log in.

I do believe though, that at this stage all new accounts have to be
verified, but at least it should be able to tell you if you've created
and account or not.

cheers,
José