App Inventor Internationalization

M. Hossein Amerkashi

Oct 8, 2014, 7:55:41 PM10/8/14
to app-inventor-o...@googlegroups.com
AI is going Internationalized and will support many languages. It will allow you to switch language to a selected language and all designer, blocks text will then automatically translate to the selected language.

If you are interested to be a contributor to provide language translation, please see document HERE

Thanks,
-Hossein
Message has been deleted

M. Hossein Amerkashi

Oct 11, 2014, 1:14:20 PM10/11/14
to app-inventor-o...@googlegroups.com
If interested, I have created a freenode webchat HERE with channel name translator. If you have questions, just enter for questions. The translation teams are shown below. If you like to contribute / become part of existing group, please let me know.

App Inventor Internationalization
TeamLanguageWhoEMailStatus
NinjasFarsiStarted
Hossein Amerkashihidden
Behrouz Kashanihidden
X-MenItalianStarted
Gabriele Cozzolinohidden
Daniele Trimarchihidden
Poste Italianehidden
Zafardihidden
FalconsGermanAssigned
Jörg Hüneburghidden
AvengersTurkishAssigned
Alper Aslanhidden
Törehan Görenhidden
EaglesThaiStarted
Yutthana Meanphonhidden
Black-HawksIndonesianStarted
Fathoni Usmanhidden
Sofa Sofianahidden
RavenSwedishAssigned
Alfred Bayatihidden
Iron FistsFrenchAssigned
Adel Kassahhidden
Bat ManGreekAssigned
Vasileios Orfanakishidden
Stamatios Papadakishidden
MagnetoDanishAssigned
Lauritz Bjørnhidden
SupermanVietnameseAssigned
Nguyen Duchidden

Frank J.

Nov 9, 2014, 10:38:05 AM11/9/14
to app-inventor-o...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I would love to join the Falcons team. Could you help me out with the details?
Thank you
Frank J.

M. Hossein Amerkashi

Nov 9, 2014, 10:47:43 AM11/9/14
to app-inventor-o...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Frank. You have been added with EDIT access. Will send you another email shortly.

-Hossein.

刘新元

Dec 26, 2014, 1:55:24 AM12/26/14
to app-inventor-o...@googlegroups.com
Hi, my name is Arvin, I'am a Chinese guy. I want to translate the Chinese part! Thank you

M. Hossein Amerkashi

Dec 26, 2014, 9:49:06 AM12/26/14
to app-inventor-o...@googlegroups.com
@Avrin, Thanks for your post. Translation for Chinese is already completed. When in AI, from top menu, see the globe icon on top right (next to your email address) for changing the language to Chinese.

-Hossein.

Zeeshan Ahmad

M. Hossein Amerkashi

Jan 10, 2015, 2:00:44 PM1/10/15
to app-inventor-o...@googlegroups.com
Please register yourself at translation server below:

THANKS

Zeeshan Ahmad

SteveJG

Jan 11, 2015, 8:56:40 AM1/11/15
to app-inventor-o...@googlegroups.com
@ Zeeshan    Try this link http://pootle.appinventor.mit.edu/contact/   and or
For language specific issues, please contact the listed individuals. If you are proficient in a language not listed below and are interested in becoming an administrator for that language, please read administration guidelines before contacting localize-a...@mit.edu.  by email.    and just tell them you are willing to translate Urdu.  They will let you know what is needed.

-- Steve

SteveJG

Jan 11, 2015, 8:58:25 AM1/11/15
to app-inventor-o...@googlegroups.com
@ Zeeshan

You might also go here and read the entire document:   https://docs.google.com/document/d/1v_Sy9u1Da4pmVo1KGR0691kq_AweZjguTJMI0nJA0eQ/pub

Thirupathi S

Jan 13, 2015, 2:31:33 PM1/13/15
to app-inventor-o...@googlegroups.com
Hi Can you add Live wallpaper service to

Aldric Jacquet

Jan 13, 2015, 8:12:31 PM1/13/15
to app-inventor-o...@googlegroups.com
hi,
i'm trying to contact mr Amerkashi.

sorry for mistakes if i make some, i'm french, i'll do my best.

i'm actualy building an apk using ai2 for my son, he is 4 years old, and had a lot of larynx surgery,
after 2 years at hospital, he is now at home, but his trachea is closed, he has a tracheotomy to breathe,
and so, he can't speak at all.
so i am making a app to click on pictures to make the android device talk, in app, i can add pictures and words or sentenses to be spoken by the device, 20 empty pictures slots per page, and the number of pages is endless.i add pictures or photos with image picker, and a text field and save it all with tinydb.

i am not a profesionnal at all, i know only bases, i'm not familiar with java so i' use app inventor.

i made a first apk with app inventor 1 last year,
i have been able to run localy the ai server and so modify the imagepicker.java file to remove the 10 pictures limit, it take me 3 weeks to manage to do it and understand how to use ant and to run localy. but it was ok, i had remove the 10 pictures limitation.

the mit pushed out  app inventor 2,
so now i have rebuilt my apk on ai2, i can run it on local i change the value from 10 to 9999, but i didn't manage to make it work...

i have dowloaded  the mit source,
i have modified the  "~\mit-cml-appinventor-sources-nls-593-g47174a7\mit-cml-appinventor-sources-47174a7\appinventor\components\src\com\google\appinventor\components\runtime\ImagePicker.java"  file,

// max number of files to save in image directory
  private static int maxSavedFiles = 10;

// max number of files to save in image directory
  private static int maxSavedFiles = 99999;

then i run ant to build server

i run the ai server
i run the build server

i then build the apk,

all seems to be ok,

but when i launch my apk on the device, i'm still limited to 10 pictures.

could you please help me ?

i then found  a more easy way to run app inventor 2 localy with
your ai2offline

(Ai2Offline_16Dec14)

but the imagepicker is into a jar file and is not in java but in .class file,

i can open the androidruntime.jar even decompile it, and access to ImagePicker.class,

turn the .class into .java, but it's impossible to recompile it after with javac, i get 43 errors, just by changin 10 to 99999.

i'm trying to make it ork for 2 weeks.

please help me.

best regards.
aldric

Taifun

Jan 13, 2015, 8:33:16 PM1/13/15
to app-inventor-o...@googlegroups.com
@Thirupati and @Aldric
please do not hijack other threads. Thank you.
Taifun

Ghica

Jan 15, 2015, 11:01:30 AM1/15/15

On Wednesday, January 14, 2015 at 2:12:31 AM UTC+1, Aldric Jacquet wrote:
hi,
i'm trying to contact mr Amerkashi.

Why don't you look at his blog to see how to contact him: https://amerkashi.wordpress.com/
And also, is there not an already available app for you? There are many, also in French. Most are not very good, but they can help to get you started.
Google for example for AAC, augmentative and alternative communication.
Cheers, Ghica.

M. Hossein Amerkashi

Jan 15, 2015, 11:05:36 AM1/15/15
to app-inventor-o...@googlegroups.com
Well, the poster should be able to reply-to-author by choosing the drop-down at the right of the post.

-Hossein.

Lleó M. C.

May 11, 2016, 1:50:16 AM5/11/16
to App Inventor Open Source Development
After translation App Inventor in Catalan I do not know what steps to follow to test the App Inventor to verify that the Catalan translations were successful.

El diumenge, 11 gener de 2015 14:56:40 UTC+1, SteveJG va escriure:
@ Zeeshan tractar aquest enllaç  http :. // Pootle appinventor.mit.edu/contact/   i o
Per a qüestions específiques d'idioma, si us plau, poseu-vos en contacte amb les persones que s'esmenten. Si l'usuari és competent en una llengua que no figuren a continuació i està interessat a ser un administrador per a aquest idioma, si us plau, llegiu les directrius de l'administració abans de contactar  localitzar-app- inve...@mit.edu . per correu. i només els dic que està disposat a traduir Urdu. Se li farà saber el que es necessita.

- Steve

Luzia L.

Nov 2, 2017, 11:59:29 AM11/2/17
to App Inventor Open Source Development
Is anyone still working on the German translation? I would like to use App Inventor to work with primary school students in Germany, but their English is not yet sufficient for using App Inventor in English.

As far as I can tell, there hasn't been a word about a German version in three years now. Is it still going to be released? Is there anything I could do to help?

Stefan Schroeder

Feb 6, 2018, 2:41:50 PM2/6/18
to App Inventor Open Source Development
Hi Luzia,
I am willing to help with the German translation. But the thing is: In Pootle, the German translation in 100% complete. I cannot make out the process to get the translations into the application.
I have just forked the Github-project mit-cml/appinventor-sources and I will merge the updated translations into the codebase and will then file a pull request.
I hope that any of the maintainers from the list above (Jörg Hüneburg and friends) reads this and follows up.

Jörg, are you still maintaining the German translation? If not, are you willing to transfer ownership?