Sound recorder component records only at 12kbit per second bitrate. What about to add more options?

bianca fenice

Jul 24, 2019, 4:57:45 AM7/24/19
to App Inventor Open Source Development
I'm playing with the sound recorder and I noticed that the files are saved with a bitrate of just 12 kbits per second only. At the moment I can't see any way to change this value.

So, as the subject of this post anticipates, I want to ask for a new feature about the sound recorder component.

What about to add a further property "SoundRecorder1.Bitrate" and relative methods to set and get the bitrate?

IMHO it would be great to have a property to set the desired bitrate by a numeric field or even better a drop down that lists standard bitrates to choose from as follows:

5500
6000
7333
8000
11025
16000
22050
24000
32000
44100
48000
64000
88200
96000
192000
352800

This will help to customize the quality of the recordings

Thanks in advance.