Uploading to Gallery

puyal...@coderdojo.com

Jul 3, 2014, 5:26:20 PM7/3/14
to app-invent...@googlegroups.com

I've asked some of my students to upload projects they made in MIT app inventor to the gallery, They are struggling to get them out of MIT App Inventor and onto the gallery.

The instructional video shows an option to export source that none of see on our screens.

One was able to export project to their computer, but got this error.

"The page at gallery.appinventor.mit.edu says:

Async(undefined) exception: Error 3: Field data too long ([object Object])"

 What should I tell my students.

gallery issue.png

Abraham Getzler

Jul 4, 2014, 5:10:53 PM7/4/14
to app-invent...@googlegroups.com
I just exported a project and was able to save it to the gallery.

I notice from your screen shot that you had two projects checked off on your project list.

Normally, I export them one at a time as .aia files to my computer.
You will also need to take a screenshot, most easily from the emulator
using Windows Alt-PrtSc  and a Paste in the Paint program.

Once you have a .aia file and a screen shot, head over to the gallery,
using the link you mentioned, and sign in to the gallery.

Once you are signed in, click on the My Apps  link, then on the
Add New Application button.

Fill in the questionnaire and upload your .aia source file and your screen shot,
and hit the Save button.

I just uploaded a small app for fractions today as a test, and it uploaded fine.

ABG