Errand Boy

drayman4

Apr 23, 2017, 1:27:08 AM4/23/17
to App Inventor Developers Library
I have built an app that allows users to create a shopping list and forward it to someone they know to do the shopping for them.

Calls to an API are made to retrieve the grocery products. The API is that of my employer, Tesco, a UK retailer although I have built this app completely independently.  I work as a delivery van driver.

Once they have created the shopping list, it is submitted to a google fusion table along with a random 4 letter code. A text message is sent to the recipient containing the code.

The shopper going to the store can cross off items as they put them in their basket.

The app is available at google play store, I've also attached it here.

A promotional video is available at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCZHWvg8H-o&t=6s

Would be great to hear any thoughts.

Thank you Taifun for a little help with the API last year.

TescoErrandBoy.apk

Ghica van Emde Boas

Apr 24, 2017, 3:11:39 AM4/24/17
to App Inventor Developers Library
From my iPad I cannot edit your post, but PLEASE remove your .apk
Anyway, this forum is for discussing AppInventor sources. Use the support forum to advertise your work (as I saw you did).
Cheers Ghica

drayman4

Apr 24, 2017, 3:29:36 AM4/24/17
to App Inventor Developers Library
Hi Ghica

I've done as you said and removed the .APK. Did not wish to offend anyone. Happy to share .aia, is that permitted on here?

Regards

Ant Turner

Ghica van Emde Boas

Apr 25, 2017, 6:22:21 AM4/25/17
to App Inventor Developers Library
That would be allowed. For more visibility, you could also attach it to your post in the support forum: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!msg/mitappinventortest/iGrYjXrlra4/7uNIxefeAgAJ;context-place=categories/mitappinventortest