Other: Scroll horizontally in AI!... - kc ochibili

Scott Ferguson

Sep 29, 2012, 8:55:13 AM9/29/12
to app-inventor-de...@googlegroups.com
Here is a template of how to scroll horizontally in AI. The trick is pulled of using a canvas and Image sprites, (The source is attached)

What it does: It scrolls items from left to right. and from right to left.

Credits to: Tonys; Swype
           and Scotts: Pan
those two projects got  my head pointed in the right direction and I was able to think this Out!!
Scroll.zip

imans314

Oct 18, 2015, 10:51:40 AM10/18/15
to App Inventor Developers Library
When opening this file in App Inventor I do not see any blocks.

I changed the .zip in .aia, but nothing.

Could you repost it with the blocks?

Scott Ferguson

Oct 19, 2015, 11:03:40 AM10/19/15
to App Inventor Developers Library
This must be a project done with App Inventor Classic.
As it has been replaced with AI2 we cannot open the old format zip project.
But we have several methods for scrolling inside a Canvas.
To Scroll Horizontally, set the Screen Horizontal algnment to center.
Set the Canvas width to some value larger than the device screen width.
place an imagesprite on the canvas.
It can be moved from off-screen on the right, onto the visible screen area, then off again to the left for example as the Canvas is larger than the screen width.
---
sf

Ghica van Emde Boas

Oct 19, 2015, 12:17:57 PM10/19/15
to App Inventor Developers Library
Or try to convert it to an AI2 project here: http://convert.appinventor.mit.edu/
No guarantees! Cheers, Ghica.

Scott Ferguson

Oct 19, 2015, 7:46:10 PM10/19/15
to App Inventor Developers Library
Thanks, Ghica -
I could not remember if that was still available.
---
sf