project status?

Daniel Wong

Jul 30, 2010, 5:51:45 AM7/30/10
to app-engine-django
I read on StackOverflow that this project has been deprecated in favor
of app-engine-patch (worst name ever!), which has been depreciated in
favor of Django norel.

At the same time, Google code this rates this as a project with high
activity + Guido himself is an owner of this project.

Is this project being supported by Google? I know that two employees
from there started this project, but it sounded like they were doing
it on their own time.

Andy Smith

Jul 30, 2010, 5:54:39 AM7/30/10
to app-engi...@googlegroups.com
I for the most part haven't been contributing to the project much further than updating it when new app engine SDKs break something, but it has fulfilled all of my requirements for a django project on app engine for quite some time now so my itch is scratched.

I still use it actively without issues, but I don't make use of any of the User model stuff or anything else that may be in there besides the basic django functionality.

--andy

Daniel Wong

Jul 30, 2010, 6:05:24 AM7/30/10
to app-engine-django
Yeah, it seems to work well for me too, but I'd like to know that what
I'm relying on has some support behind it.

Are you one of the project owners?
> > app-engine-dja...@googlegroups.com<app-engine-django%2Bunsubscr i...@googlegroups.com>
> > .

Andy Smith

Jul 30, 2010, 6:11:57 AM7/30/10
to app-engi...@googlegroups.com

Yup.

Daniel Wong

Jul 30, 2010, 6:14:21 AM7/30/10
to app-engine-django
What about official Google support?

On Jul 30, 3:11 am, Andy Smith <andys...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yup.

Andy Smith

Jul 30, 2010, 6:18:58 AM7/30/10
to app-engi...@googlegroups.com
Never has been any, just maintained by myself and another Google employee. (I am no longer a google employee).

Darrel Herbst

Aug 2, 2010, 9:26:40 AM8/2/10
to app-engi...@googlegroups.com
There is also a fork here: http://github.com/dherbst/google-app-engine-django that has some patches applied which Andy and the other maintainers haven't had time to look at yet.