How to write view for app engine using helper.

Rahul

Aug 21, 2009, 10:03:18 AM8/21/09
to app-engine-django
Hi Their,

I am following steps from the mentioned link.
http://code.google.com/appengine/articles/appengine_helper_for_django.html

Now i am able to see a "Congratulations" message in browser as
mentioned below.

It worked!
Congratulations on your first Django-powered page.

Please help me to write view for the application using "appengine
helper".
Or help me to write views for appengine application.

Thanks
Rahul

Matt Brown

Aug 23, 2009, 2:37:40 AM8/23/09
to app-engi...@googlegroups.com
Hi Rahul,

On Fri, Aug 21, 2009 at 7:03 AM, Rahul<rahul....@gmail.com> wrote:

> Please help me to write view for the application using "appengine
> helper".
> Or help me to write views for appengine application.

There shouldn't be anything special that you have to do to write views
using the App Engine for Django helper, if you're not familiar with
writing views for standard Django applications then the following
section of the Django tutorial may be useful:
http://docs.djangoproject.com/en/dev/intro/tutorial03/#write-your-first-view

When you come to loading in templates, you need to ensure they are
included with your application's code files (not static files), but I
can't think of any other tricks to be aware of.

Good luck.

--
Matt Brown