Update Record

Eric Floe

Jul 28, 2013, 8:42:26 PM7/28/13
to app-...@googlegroups.com
I am trying to learn Usergrid and put together a proof of concept for my company.  With respect to the Book example from Tim's 4 hour class, I just need a code example to update an existing record using the UUID.  I have a SQL background (i.e. update) but get the impression that I may need a PUT method equivalent.  I tried to make sense of the Apigee documentation and other on-line resources but have not been able to locate the answer.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks!

Matthew Dobson

Aug 8, 2013, 5:06:07 PM8/8/13
to app-...@googlegroups.com
Hey Eric,

If you are using the HTML5/JS SDK then you should be covered with just a call to save(). This will detect whether the API call is a POST or PUT and send it accordingly. I've attached a gist that demonstrates this.

-Matt