apostrophe-search

Cli F

Sep 9, 2016, 1:36:36 AM9/9/16
to apostrophenow
Is your apostrophe-search module working with 2x ?

I keep getting an error: [Error: template not found: notFound.html]

Tom Boutell

Sep 9, 2016, 8:41:10 AM9/9/16
to apostr...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Thanks for reminding me of two important missing HOWTOs!

To get the built-in search module working (no need for the separate
npm module in 2.0), you need a parked page:

'apostrophe-pages': {
// other options here, then...
park: [
{
slug: '/search',
type: 'apostrophe-search',
label: 'Search',
published: true
}
]
}

Now you get a search page at /search; it's very bare bones in
appearance, so copy the index.html template from
lib/modules/apostrophe-search/views to your own project-level
lib/modules/apostrophe-search/views folder, and modify it.

In addition, to get 404 not found pages to display (instead of an
error saying you don't have one), just create:

lib/modules/apostrophe-pages/views/notFound.html

Which works just like any page template; just remember that of course
there is no "data.page". If you want user-editable content there use
"data.global".

On Fri, Sep 9, 2016 at 1:36 AM, Cli F <clive....@gmail.com> wrote:
> Is your apostrophe-search module working with 2x ?
>
> I keep getting an error: [Error: template not found: notFound.html]
>
> --

THOMAS BOUTELL, SUPPORT LEAD
P'UNK AVENUE | (215) 755-1330 | punkave.com

Tom Boutell

Sep 9, 2016, 8:44:20 AM9/9/16
to apostr...@googlegroups.com
You also need to enable the apostrophe-search module:

apostrophe-search: {}

Tom Boutell

Sep 9, 2016, 8:44:45 AM9/9/16
to apostr...@googlegroups.com
Sigh, you'll need quotes around 'apostrophe-search' of course.

I'm popping up HOWTOs for these. Thanks for the nudge.

Tom Boutell

Sep 9, 2016, 8:52:06 AM9/9/16
to apostr...@googlegroups.com
HOWTOs are now on the site for these two topics, with additional
coverage of search coming soon.