Section 85 Monthly E-mail!!!

Kelly King

Sep 6, 2011, 10:35:04 PM9/6/11
to apo-sec...@googlegroups.com, aposecti...@googlegroups.com
Hey Section 85!

Welcome back to school and to what promises to be a great semester for your chapters!  On behalf of the Section 85 staff, I'm sending you important information to kick off your semester.  Please take the time to read through everything - there's a lot to cover!

First, you should all be planning your CAPS meetings for early in the semester.  This meeting is crucial to setting up the semester and for getting all Brothers informed on the events you're planning for the semester.  Once you have completed your CAPS meeting, you need to fill out a report on the national website.  CAPS is also a requirement for the Chapter of Excellence Award so make sure your report it at http://www.apo.org/show/National_Programs/Leadership/CAPS/Report_Form!

We also want to inform you about the upcoming APO Impact Webinars, which are as follows: (all at 9pm eastern)

Sept. 6 - Chapter of Excellence and Pledge Program of Excellence
Sept. 14 - Recruiting
Sept. 22 - Conference Planning
Oct. 4 - Stress and Time Management

We'll send the Oct./Early Nov. Webinar dates in the October monthly e-mail, but if you'd like to see the complete Webinar schedule please visit http://www.apo.org/pages/show/Training_and_Events/APO_Impact/Live
.
Section 85 is now on Twitter!! We strongly encourage you to follow us at APOsection85.  Also, if you haven't done so already, join the Section 85 Facebook Group - both of these will be valuable resources in finding out what other chapters are up to during the semester and for getting information from the Section 85 staff in between monthly e-mails.

National Office Reminders:

*Reaffirmations and AAMD's are both due on November 15th - Presidents, keep a look out for Reaffirmation Packets and Same Page Manuals in mid-September.

*Fall Pledge Class Namesake: Charles P. Zlatkovich, Ph.D, Alpha Rho '64.  To learn more about him, please visit: http://www.apo.org/articles/show/31

Calendar:

Section 85 has a google calendar.  The calendar can be found at https://www.google.com/calendar/embed?src=bu7839n4eih5anm1hj690km6ao%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=America/New_York or by searching APO Section 85 in google calendar.  This calendar will have all Section 85 events as well as chapter events so it will be a great resource for inter-chapter relations!

Save the Date!
Region 3 conference will be held at the University of Maryland, College Park on October 21st-23rd.

Thank you all for your attention!  If you have any questions, concerns, etc., please e-mail Beth at bterro...@gmail.com.  We hope to hear from you soon and we wish you good luck as you start your semester!

In LFS,

Kelly

--
Kelly King