Maryland Girl Scout Camp is seeking adult volunteers for next week!

Jessica Llewellyn

Apr 13, 2011, 4:15:40 PM4/13/11
to APO Section 85

Hello Section 85-ers!

Are you looking for a fantastic opportunity for next week? A Girl Scout camp is seeking a few adult volunteers for a camp next week! I did it a few years ago and it was super fun (the girls even gave me a camp nickname and taught me Girl Scout songs.... plus there were TONS of Girl Scout cookies =) Please see the e-mail below from Laura Lutkefedder from the DC Girl Scouts Council. Hopefully someone will be able to help out!

Take care my homeslices.

In LFS

- Jess Llewellyn

ADULT VOLUNTEERS NEEDED FOR GIRL SCOUT CAMP!

Camp Dragonfly is 4 days, Monday through Thursday of next week (April 18-21).  If you volunteer for the camp and have a daughter/sister that would like to come to camp, she can come to camp for free!

This adult volunteer would be a bus chaperone/camp chaperone.  Duties include:

-Ride the bus with the campers to keep an eye out for their safety from Twinbrook ES in Rockville to Camp Brighton Woods (bus departs from school at 8am)

-Spend the day at camp with a unit of campers and two teen counselors (bring a packed lunch for yourself to enjoy at lunch time).  Camp is held outdoors and indoors at one of our Girl Scout campgrounds near Olney, MD (technically Brookeville, MD).

-And then ride the bus back from Camp to Twinbrook ES with the campers (bus arrives back at Twinbrook ES at 5:05 pm)

Camp Dragonfly is girl led, so Teen Scouts will be serving as counselors and running the activity stations.  The adult volunteers do not need to do any planning.  We just need to have enough adults on hand to meet our safety requirements.  An "adult" for these purposes can be any female age 18 or older so if you know a high school senior who is 18 and looking to add a great experience to their resume, please have them contact me.

If you can be this adult volunteer, please email me as soon as possible.  Or if you know someone who would be interested in this opportunity, please forward this email to them.  I hope to have a volunteer very soon so we can guarantee this camp experience for these girls.

Thank you very much,

Laura

Laura Lutkefedder

Field Director, Association 33

Girl Scout Council of the Nation's Capital

4301 Connecticut Ave, Suite M-2

Washington, DC 20008

Direct Line: 202-534-3763

Main Line: 202-237-1670 ext. 243

Girl Scouting builds girls of courage, confidence, and character who make the world a better place

image001.jpg