Fwd: Service Opportunities: VOLUNTEER CAPITOL HILL!

Beth Terroni

Sep 6, 2012, 6:51:01 PM9/6/12
to presid...@apor3.org, apo-sec...@googlegroups.com, aposecti...@googlegroups.com
Please see the email below for an excellent way to find out about new volunteer opportunities!

Beth Terroni
Section 85 Chair
Alpha Phi Omega, National Service Fraternity
BTerro...@gmail.com
(610)717-2449

Good Evening Everyone,

I hope this e-mail finds you well. My job is hosting a FREE Volunteer Happy Hour Event to advertise various volunteer and service opportunities on Capitol Hill. This event will have various organizations looking for volunteers to help with a range of tasks and help gain lots of experiences. Attending this event could present good networking events for all ages. Please see the description of the event below and if you are interested in attending please register by clicking the following link on our website: http://hillcenterdc.org/home/programs/392 . If you have any questions feel free to contact me, spread the word and hope to see you there!

Volunteer Capitol Hill
Your talents and abilities are a valuable gift - for a few hours a week or on weekends - within walking distance of your home - a few steps from Eastern Market Metro
Hill Center, Capitol Hill Village, Age Africa, CHAMPS, Haye Girl, Opera Lafayette and other nonprofit organizations are just a few of your Capitol Hill neighbors welcoming you to a Volunteer Recruitment Happy Hour:
Thursday evening, September 13
5 p.m. until 7 p.m.
Hill Center at the Old Naval Hospital
9th & Pennsylvania Ave, SE - One Block from Eastern Market Metro Station

Please drop by and meet us, tell us about yourself, and match your interests with our volunteer and internship needs.
Beer and wine are served for those age 21 and over, with other refreshments and light snacks for everyone.

We value your experience and your commitment, and we welcome your need to become involved in the community.
We would love to meet you. Drop by or call us at Hill Center (202) 549 - 4172

--
With Many Thanks,

James E. Sims Jr.
Bachelors of Arts, Political Science - Howard University
Section 85 Chapter Representative - Mu Alpha
Region 3 Extension Coordinator - DC, MD, & NOVA
Alpha Phi Omega National Service Fraternity

“No work is insignificant. All labor that uplifts humanity has dignity and importance and should be undertaken with painstaking excellence"

 - Martin Luther King Jr.