Internship Vacancies (Fall 2011 - Unpaid) Please Forward

Rashid Darden

May 19, 2011, 2:59:57 PM5/19/11
to mua...@yahoogroups.com, APO Section 85, Trenile Tillman, Tremaine White, Mazi Mutafa
Greetings,

The Program Coordinator for Do the Write Thing, a program of the National Campaign to Stop Violence, seeks college students in the Washington, DC area for a Fall 2011 unpaid internship, with a possible extension into Spring 2012.

Essentially, Do the Write Thing is an essay program for middle schoolers on the subject of school and youth violence.  More details can be found at www.dtwt.org.

Interns would gain valuable experience in grant writing as well as local and national program development.  There may also be possibilities for communications work, such as website content management and database maintenance.

The National Campaign to Stop Violence is located at Farragut Square in Northwest, DC, making it most convenient to The George Washington University but we welcome applicants from all area schools.  We are located equidistant from the Farragut North and Farragut West metro stations.

Those interested in an internship will be accepted on a rolling basis and will be selected based on resumes.  Phone interviews may be scheduled as needed.  The ideal candidate should have an interest in work in the nonprofit sector, whether development, communications, or programming.  I am particularly looking for students who have implemented programs such as service projects through campus organizations or through school offices (Admissions, Student Affairs, Multicultural Affairs, etc.)

Resumes may be sent directly to rda...@dtwt.org.

Thanks in advance for passing this along!

Regards,
Rashid Darden

www.facebook.com/rashiddarden