Fwd: Boy Scouts of America Summer Job Opportunities for APO Brothers

Beth Terroni

Oct 29, 2011, 12:04:09 PM10/29/11
to apo-sec...@googlegroups.com
See below for summer job opportunities with the Boy Scouts of America.

In LFS,
Beth

Beth Terroni
Section 85 Chair
Alpha Phi Omega, National Service Fraternity
BTerro...@gmail.com
(202) 630-0283

Oct 30, 2011, 8:06:35 AM10/30/11
to apo-sec...@googlegroups.com, APO...@yahoogroups.com

Hi -
In addition to Northern Tier (which is a fun and beautiful place), there
are lots of other opportunities to work at camps for the BSA.  There are
local camps throughout the country and other high adventure bases (like
Northern Tier) where young people (usually teenagers) take more
challenging trips.  All of these camps need staff members who are at
least 18 years of age.  Here are a few more places to look for positions.
Each has job opportunities that don't require long backpack or canoe trips -
people are needed to prepare meals, distribute and inventory equipment,
manage registrations and funds, sell items at the trading post, historical
interpretation, and others.

Goshen Scout Reservation is the main camp for the National Capital
Area Council.  It is located in southwestern Virginia (not far from Staunton
and Lexington).  We hire a couple hundred staff members each year for
the multiple camps and our high adventure program - here is the link:

Philmont Scout Ranch in northern New Mexico hires more than 1000

Maine High Adventure - lead and support canoe trips in the Baxter State Park
        and Allagash River area of northern Maine
http://www.mainehighadventure.org/    -  "Serve on Camp Staff" link

Feel free to contact me if you have questions about any of these
or if you are looking for a position working with kids in another part
of the country or with an organization other than the BSA.

Have fun,
David O'Leary
National Scouting & Youth Service Committee