Japan Relief Gala - Help Needed!

Amanda Naeemi

Apr 2, 2011, 9:19:05 PM4/2/11
to APO Section 85
Hello Brothers!

My name is Amanda Naeemi, I am a brother from the Alpha Zeta Pi
chapter at UMBC. I'm reaching out to you for help in the preparation
and execution of a gala to raise money for Japan, through the United
Methodist Committee on Relief (UMCOR). Through UMCOR, 100% of
donations go toward immediate and long term relief efforts.

The gala will be the evening of Saturday, May 7th at the Liberty Grove
United Methodist Church in Burtonsville Maryland, not very far out of
Washington DC. There will be a dinner, dessert, live music/
performances, a silent auction, in addition to anything else we can
put together. Attendees will pay $30-35 to attend (the exact amount is
to be determined), and the proceeds will go directly to UMCOR's Japan
Relief fund.

We need brothers from any chapter willing to help make this event a
success to chip in with the following tasks:

1. Food - Ideally we can get donations from restaurants for the event.
Whatever ideas you have for making quality food happen would be great.

2. Decorations - Centerpieces for tables, linens, accents

3. Silent Auction items - if you are able to help with having items
donated for the silent auction, that would be great. Ideas: gift
certificates, spa treatments, professional portrait/photography
sessions, art, cool things for the home, electronics, musical
instruments, game consoles, whatever!

4. Performances - We may have a light music group from PA willing to
come if their calendar permits it, but other performances would be
greatly appreciated.

5. Volunteering the day of - set up, during the event, clean up. The
space is reserved for 5-9pm, and we are trying to be out of the space
by 10pm.

6. Publicity - Getting the word out near and on your campus and/or
hometown to students, parents, professors, and community members.
Burtonsville is not too far from most chapters in the section.

7. ANY ideas you and your chapter have and could contribute with. All
ideas are welcome!

A lot of the back work for these tasks can be done from your home
campus, such as decorations, food donations, performances, etc.

You can contact me at manda...@gmail.com or by phone at (240)
643-9534. Your help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
Amanda Naeemi