Problems building an MDM server

Hacking Freak

Apr 27, 2012, 8:42:28 AM4/27/12
to apns-php
Here's what I've done steps by steps.

Created an MDM CSR signing certificate within the iOS provisioning
portal > certificates > other
Used the resulting mdm.cer to generate an encrypted plist using
documentation found here: http://www.softhinker.com/in-the-news/iosmdmvendorcsrsigning
Used the encrypted plist to generate the mdm push certificate here:
https://identity.apple.com/pushcert/
Used our iOS provisioning portal > certificates > distribution
certificate and the pem file downloaded from the push certificate
portal from step 3
Installed PersistentConnectionLogging.mobileconfig found here:
http://developer.apple.com/library/ios/#technotes/tn2265/_index.html
Created a configuration profile for registering to our MDM server
implementation
Enrollment is working fine.
When trying to send an mdm payload {'mdm':'<PUSH_MAGIC>'}, there is
nothing showing in the device's console.

I saved the booting output of our test device and found this
interesting:
Apr 25 09:26:09 unknown apsd[50] <Warning>: <APSConnectionServer:
0x263040>: Initializing connection server with environmentName
'production' and connectionPortName
'com.apple.managedconfiguration.mdmdpush-prod'
Apr 25 09:26:09 unknown apsd[50] <Warning>: <APSConnectionServer:
0x263040>: connection set enabled topics {(
"com.apple.mgmt.com.lemieuxbedard.mdm"
)}

I thought apsd daemon was responsible for app push notifications and
mdmd for MDM push notifications, is that right?

I've been stuck for days, can someone please help me with this.

I tested my certificates with the following terminal command:
openssl s_client -connect gateway.push.apple.com:2195 -cert
PushCert.pem -debug -showcerts -CAfile
entrust_root_certification_authority.pem

matthew...@gmail.com

Apr 5, 2013, 12:26:17 PM4/5/13
to apns...@googlegroups.com, yannick...@gmail.com
We are setting up an MDM server for ios now... did you ever solve your question?  We are ultimately looking to manage a 'fleet' of iPads, giving us the ability to remotely lock them.