Will the ipopt server be restored soon?

Anjana Puliyanda

Dec 5, 2023, 10:56:13 PM12/5/23
to apmonitor
Hi,

I am trying to execute a previously run code that uses the IPOPT solver via the gekko optimization suite, but I run into the following error:
ImportError: No solution or server unreachable. Show errors with m.solve(disp=True). Try local solve with m=GEKKO(remote=False).
Could someone let me know if the server will be restored soon, also why does the solution not converge when I try running it locally.

Thanks and regards,
Anjana.

John Hedengren

Dec 5, 2023, 11:02:58 PM12/5/23
to apmo...@googlegroups.com
Anjana,

The server was down for a few days last week. It appears that the 64 CPU server is overloaded with on online job requests. It is back up again. The Windows version of Gekko has IPOPT as well as the APM Windows server that allows you to set up a dedicated local server. There are additional solver options with the online server that aren’t available in the local solvers.

John

APMonitor user's group e-mail list.

Anjana Puliyanda

Dec 23, 2023, 7:48:41 PM12/23/23
to apmonitor
Thanks, yes it works fine now.

I have a follow up on using m.cspline as a lookup table for
1. function evaluation as m.cspline(x_query, x_data, y_data) to give us --> y* that can be plugged into source term of ODE. Also x_query is an intermediate variable in terms of state space variable of the ODE system that I intend to simulate.
2. optimization where one can solve for the unknown values of y at the corresponding x_data, such that the difference between the predicted ode simulations, and that from point 1. above is minimized. So here, m.spline(x_query, x_data, y_unknown) to give us --> y'' that is again plugged into ode source term, to get the predict ode simulations.

I would greatly appreciate workarounds to deploy the above because right now hacking the m.cspline functionality has been a roadbloack.

Thanks and regards,
Anjana.