[GEKKO] Need help with Demand vs Supply optimization using #Gekko

rnunna

Jan 10, 2022, 11:09:07 AM1/10/22
to apmonitor

Hi, Can we get some help to solve the below problem. As you see we have five DCs with 4 suppliers (similar to transportation problem ). Not every supplier supplies each DC. Wherever it is flagged as X, supplier wont be able to supply to DC (Ex: V1 wont be able to supply DC1).
problem.JPG

Aim is to get two different solutions.

1. Get fair share (based on available suppliers for each DC) for each DC from each supplier
2. Get minimum shipments (optimum solution in terms of no of orders)

We have tried using Oracle SQL/PLSQL and we are unable to get unique solution that covers all possible scenarios. We came across Gekko/Apmonitor can be used to solve this.

Can someone please help in building this solution. Thanks in advance.

John Hedengren

Jan 10, 2022, 3:37:17 PM1/10/22
to apmo...@googlegroups.com

Here are a few related questions that may help:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/62439295/gekko-optimization

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/67187370/cannot-get-gekko-to-work-on-moderate-size-minlp-problem/67199831

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/66622330/is-it-possible-to-use-gekko-to-do-portfolio-optimisation/66655704

If you do try to code this in Gekko, please post your code to StackOverflow with tag [gekko] if you need specific help.

-John Hedengren

Hi, Can we get some help to solve the below problem. As you see we have five DCs with 4 suppliers (similar to transportation problem ). Not every supplier supplies each DC. Wherever it is flagged as X, supplier wont be able to supply to DC (Ex: V1 wont be able to supply DC1).

Aim is to get two different solutions.

1. Get fair share (based on available suppliers for each DC) for each DC from each supplier

2. Get minimum shipments (optimum solution in terms of no of orders)

We have tried using Oracle SQL/PLSQL and we are unable to get unique solution that covers all possible scenarios. We came across Gekko/Apmonitor can be used to solve this.

Can someone please help in building this solution. Thanks in advance.

APMonitor user's group e-mail list.