Problem with Gekko and APMonitor Server

Rafael Pavan

Jun 5, 2021, 1:43:47 AM6/5/21
to apmonitor

Hello APMonitor Group!

I'm using GEKKO in my MSc research and since 03/June/2021 I can't run my optimization codes. I have been testing with simple examples (Solver IPOPT, with 'remote=True') and GEKKO gets stuck forever, doesn't finishing the optimization process.

I also tried to run online examples (from: http://apmonitor.com/online/view_pass.php) but the results are not showing in my browser.

I'm using Ubuntu, so IPOPT works only in 'remote = True' mode.

Is there anyone else having the same problem? It's something with APmonitor's server or the problem may be in my computer?

Regards,

Rafael.

John Hedengren

Jun 5, 2021, 2:26:12 AM6/5/21
to apmo...@googlegroups.com

Rafael and Ehtisham,

It appears that the remote compute server is down right now. Until it comes back up, you are welcome to use the local option with:

m=GEKKO(remote=False)

-John Hedengren

Hi all!

Sorry I shared the wrong detail of error I am getting this error for all the optimization problems, Earlier my code was running properly.

The error details are as follows:

TimeoutError: [WinError 10060] A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond

Hi all!

Earlier my code was running without any error but now I am getting same error all the optimization problems even on examples available on the official page of GEKKO.

I have shared the error detail, please guide me if anybody know the reason.

Thanks

URLError: <urlopen error [WinError 10060] A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond>

APMonitor user's group e-mail list.

John Hedengren

Jun 5, 2021, 3:20:18 AM6/5/21
to APM Google Groups
Rafael and Ehtisham,

One other thing that you can do is use a different server such as:

m = GEKKO(remote=True,server='http://xps.apmonitor.com')

It is an experimental server with more limited capacity but it does give some additional solver options that the local solvers don't offer.

Best regards,
John Hedengren

--
Best regards,

John Hedengren
GEKKO Optimization Suite

Ehtisham Asghar

Jun 5, 2021, 11:13:27 AM6/5/21
to apmonitor
Thanks
I have resolved this issue by using this "m = GEKKO(remoter=False).