apm install issues - python

NIReact

Jun 12, 2022, 6:07:41 PM6/12/22
to apmonitor
Hello,

Has anyone had issues importing apm after installing it via the pip command.

The pip freeze confirms I have apm==0.0.1 installed but I get the following error when I try write the following command (from apm import *)

The exact message is:
No module named "apm"

Please advise.

Thank you and best regards,

Nusair

John Hedengren

Jun 12, 2022, 6:40:24 PM6/12/22
to APM Google Groups
Nusair,

The APM Python package has the newer Gekko interface as shown with the examples and documentation.

If you do want to install the older APM Python, use pip install APMonitor as shown here: https://pypi.org/project/APMonitor/  These are older examples but should still work: https://apmonitor.com/wiki/index.php/Main/PythonApp but you need to replace from apm import * with the import from APMonitor.apm import * to use the pip installed APMonitor package.

-John Hedengren

APMonitor user's group e-mail list.

Best regards,

John Hedengren
GEKKO Optimization Suite

Nusair Imam

Jun 13, 2022, 5:49:13 PM6/13/22
to apmo...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Professor!

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "apmonitor" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/apmonitor/CAGNFaLEPWs1YVnyr6UWAzcqBA_FuMUpejVF7%2B1feeo%3DTzB2sGw%40mail.gmail.com.